Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Paci's »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/02/24 at 23:40:02

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Paci's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Paci's  (Read 1405 times)
Prodigy
USA 

¤Ð¡p£ømåt¡ç Immúñ¡t¥¤

View Profile

Paci's
« on: 02/07/04 at 20:33:45 »
Quote Quote

I believe that the best update of recent beside's hp reset is the one in which paci's name appear's green in color when you pass it. I for one have ran into a paci without looking it over b4 attacking and I know that seeing green will at least cas me to think. Thx for the change Smiley  

Corey, a.k.a §wèè+ñ觧
IP Logged

Just like a sunny day, I'm gone shine. You better cover your face, or you'll go blind. Now b**ch I don't blaze, this is how I ride. Just like a sunny day, watch me shine..§wèè+ñ觧.
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

Re: Paci's
« Reply #1 on: 02/07/04 at 20:43:01 »
Quote Quote

no problem Wink
IP Logged
Prodigy
USA 

¤Ð¡p£ømåt¡ç Immúñ¡t¥¤

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/07/04 at 21:17:32 »
Quote Quote

Grin
IP Logged

Just like a sunny day, I'm gone shine. You better cover your face, or you'll go blind. Now b**ch I don't blaze, this is how I ride. Just like a sunny day, watch me shine..§wèè+ñ觧.
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (‚Ü‚Ë‚«‚Ë‚±j

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/07/04 at 22:04:21 »
Quote Quote

Undecided
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Metatron
Northern_Ireland 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/07/04 at 22:17:09 »
Quote Quote

i personally dont see the point i mean like the guy/gal said i say we should take all the safety labels off everything and let stupidity sort itself out. I mean because pacis dont have to be friendly they can be enemies to ppl but just not hurt them physically.
IP Logged

With ambitious aim against the throne and monarchy of God rais'd impious war in hev'n battle proud
~John Milton
Shane
USA 

Kickin arse!!!

NightMistPlayer
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/08/04 at 00:08:13 »
Quote Quote

I have to agree with Metatron. This is like a safety net when one isnt needed. I had just gotten into the habit of looking everyone over when I came up on them. Now as it turns out I dont have to look anyone over now. I just dont click the green ppl.
IP Logged

Too high to get over,
To low to go under,
Your stuck in the middle,
and the pain is thunder.
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/08/04 at 15:52:02 »
Quote Quote

You don't look anyone over at all? What if you started attacking someone, never seen their names before, and they end up being a group of strong archs? Also, Paci's aren't fighters, they aren't supposed to support it, so I think it's fine that they're green.
IP Logged
Shane
USA 

Kickin arse!!!

NightMistPlayer
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/08/04 at 16:22:43 »
Quote Quote

Being a bunch of arch's is part of the fun of it. Plus think about it, if I just walk up on someone and start clicking without looking dont ya think I just might have arch's myself?
IP Logged

Too high to get over,
To low to go under,
Your stuck in the middle,
and the pain is thunder.
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/08/04 at 16:28:30 »
Quote Quote

The reason I suggested this change is because players have no way of defending themselves against paci's (if a paci kills them they cant get revenge). Paci's can kill any other class, yet no one can kill them. And wasn't the point of paci's to be a roleplaying class that aids others, not sitting on a square hoping someone will round themselves on them.

Pretty much the best pking class in nightmist believe it or not.
IP Logged
Angel
England 

Death to the Infidels!

60398485 60398485    
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/08/04 at 18:57:18 »
Quote Quote

Only against incompetants.....although I suppose that would be the majority of nightmist so good point.
IP Logged

It hurts sometimes more than we can bear,
if we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace,
empty rooms, shuttered and dank,
without passion we'd be truly dead.
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/08/04 at 21:53:31 »
Quote Quote

on 02/08/04 at 16:22:43, Shane wrote:
Being a bunch of arch's is part of the fun of it. Plus think about it, if I just walk up on someone and start clicking without looking dont ya think I just might have arch's myself?

-nods-  gotta love it when you're on some lvl 26 rangers and a cleric w/ spells and you just fk up a partie of archies...back in the days when mine were lvl 26 and i didnt suck so much at nightmist, that was the most fun...
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/08/04 at 22:04:45 »
Quote Quote

I think it's a waste now.
Coding in green for pacifitst completely goes against the codeing for...

121) Attacking a pacifist and dying because of it, (or due to the pacifist's justice zone) now allows the pacifist to gain a point on his/her player kills part of the profile.  

For if 2 parties come cross each other, and a pacifist is sitting there with JZ up, of course thier going to look over the green crit. I just don't see what is wrong with people putting forth a little effort and thinking about what thier doing before they do it.
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 02/08/04 at 22:35:52 »
Quote Quote

Pacifists shouldn't be attackable. And this whole deity thing is just...well, it's retarded. Why would it protect them from people but not monsters? That sounds like the deity is doing a half-ass job. hah
IP Logged

Charon
England 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/09/04 at 21:55:03 »
Quote Quote

on 02/08/04 at 22:35:52, CPG wrote:
Pacifists shouldn't be attackable. And this whole deity thing is just...well, it's retarded. Why would it protect them from people but not monsters? That sounds like the deity is doing a half-ass job. hah

But if a pacifist was completely unattackable, people would moan even more than they do already  Roll Eyes  
There has to be a half way point and this is it.

Ah, I have too much time on my hands so I tried to come up with an explanation for this... and the best I can do is this ^^

If you think about it, a person who attacks is making a choice. Therefore there is a conscious decision that they are going to take action, and that they are TRYING to cause harm.
I chose to believe that the deity, rather than protecting their, for lack of a better word desciple, simply for the sake of protecting them, is actually protecting them from a conscious intent of damage. The deity protects their desciple from malicious intent.

Alternately one could argue that while an animal may choose to attack or run or whatever, its in its nature. Whatever action the animal takes is theoretically based on instinct, and the animal probably doesnt think "Hey, I'm going to attack that person cause it'll be fun"  
It may attack someone, but its part of its nature. It hasnt made a conscious decision to cause harm for harms sake, so the deity detects no malicious intent, and so does not see their desciple as being under 'threat' as such... just in a sticky situation.

If their nice peaceful charge is foolish enough to hang out with said natural wildlife for too long whilst ignoring that wildlifes tendancy to... take action... theres nothing the deity can do about it...  
I mean sure it may annoy the heck out of me when I decide to take a wander around under harabec saying hi to wallcrawlers, but if I'm stupid enough to wander around in a room full of said wallcrawlers when I know I cant attack them... then thats my decision and my buisness, not my deity's ^^

--

Back on topic though, the annoyingly-nice side of me likes the idea that everyone who passes me sees me as a friend ... perhaps a very annoying, in the way, unwanted friend... but the shiny green colour nonetheless suggests friend Grin

But I agree that it defeats the point of adding player kills to paci profiles, because people who arent that sure will go for the safe option and just not hit anything green.

All in all though, I dont really see it making a huge difference to my character overall whether someone sees me shining green, blue, red... or any other colour for that matter. It isn't harming my character, it hasnt made it weaker, made it get hurt more, made it use more mana, or done anything terrible that will make me want to raise legions to protest against it ^^  
It may be uncessary but it isn't particularly harmful to me, so I dont really OPPOSE it as such... just see it as kind of pointless.  

And I dont mean any offense by this, but this whole "players have no way of defending themselves against paci's (if a paci kills them they cant get revenge). Paci's can kill any other class, yet no one can kill them" idea is greatly warped and flawed :s
Sure a paci can try its hardest to kill someone by exhausting their stam and mana by sudbuing them while they attack, but the damage recieved is halved as well as the damage done.
Unless someone attacks them, there is very little a paci can do to get ANYONE killed. At all.  
I wander around with my paci, I cant decide that I dont like someone and try to kill them. Now if I can convince them to commit suicide by goading them into attacking me, then fair play to me ^^ but thats not the way I work, and I doubt thats ever a truly successful tactic for any paci.  

I can only kill if someone clicks me without thinking... and even then if they do that a coupla times without noticing their own health bar... thats hardly the action of a class "which can kill any other class"
How the heck can something without the ability to take any real action be "the best pking class in nightmist"?  Undecided

I remember someone on the forums once saying something like (and a paraphrase terribly) "if you cant deal with taking a little damage, maybe you shouldn't be trying to pk anyone"
In this instance the class is irrelavant... If you attack someone, it goes without saying that that person is going to attack back ifthey get the chance ... the same applies to pacis. The damage is just a little more... certain ^^

Regarding Justice Zones, I love the idea of Justice Zones. I think they're great ... I just dont tend to use em ^^ I personally play the game to play it, so I cant see the point in wandering away and leaving a jz on in the faint hope someone may attack in my square... especially now that a paci cant move around and take their jz with em Wink
I mean, just leaving a character on a square... no offense intended to anyone who does this, but I cant see the fun in that :s

And I definately have too much time on my hands, cause that post was much MUCH longer than I intended it to be... and probably completely irrelavant in the long run ^^;;

Hope anyone who took the time to read this... thing... wasn't bored out of their skull Grin
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/09/04 at 23:48:32 »
Quote Quote

Well said, well worded. I don't think there is really much room to argue anything after that post.  

/end topic?
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 02/10/04 at 00:12:25 »
Quote Quote

Wicked post, as Underpants (...) said, end topic.
IP Logged

CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: 02/10/04 at 01:27:15 »
Quote Quote

It's not an unconscious choice for the monsters. They are programmed. They have no conscience. If monsters didn't attack players as soon as they see them, it wouldn't be so bad. As it is, monsters will deal far more damage to you than any player/s thus making them a greater threat. Players will do more at one time, but cumulatively, monsters will do more.

I don't really know why I am saying this. However, it is my opinion that the Pacifist deity system makes only a small amount of sense to me in some areas.
IP Logged

Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 02/10/04 at 06:44:26 »
Quote Quote

nothing left to say really.. charon said it all
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/10/04 at 15:35:05 »
Quote Quote

I do personally think paci's are good for messing with pkers if not killing them. If ya subdue them and cast pact spells on all the newbs south of NM it gets REALLY fun  Grin. Long live anti-pkers.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Dc
USA 

blah blah blah

325280306 325280306   obediahxx   obediahx
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/10/04 at 22:47:21 »
Quote Quote

on 02/08/04 at 16:28:30, Stigmata wrote:
Pretty much the best pking class in nightmist believe it or not.

how ironic. a class that cant attack being the best pking class in the game. hah
IP Logged

as iron sharpens iron so shall one man sharpen another

to steal from one is plagurism, to steal from many is research.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.