Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Getting old... »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/12/24 at 15:18:25

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Getting old...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Getting old...  (Read 520 times)
Authority
USA 

ÇãþïtᣠÞüñï§hmëñt

View Profile

Getting old...
« on: 01/24/04 at 18:01:11 »
Quote Quote

Hitting and running is completely getting old and pathetic. One person that still uses this tactic is the only pus known as Parental_Advisory aka Adil.  

Something should be done, such as the alts with no stam can not follow the party if they have no stam. I know this has been spoken about plenty of times but when will it be implimented? Maybe this will put an end to the sandnug and his annoying and dishonorable tactics.
IP Logged

ÇãþïtᣠÞüñï§hmëñt
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Getting old...
« Reply #1 on: 01/24/04 at 18:07:43 »
Quote Quote

lol add epic to the list Cheesy and yes i agree Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 01/24/04 at 19:58:27 »
Quote Quote

Really, shut up about this already. Please.  

If there's anything that's more annoying than people doing hit and runs it's people who complain about them on the forums. Keep your beef with other players ingame.
IP Logged

Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 01/24/04 at 20:26:27 »
Quote Quote

Hitting and running is a strategy. The only time I got a bit mad was when someone was hitting and running in pete's fighting arena  lmfao.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Prodigy
USA 

¤Ð¡p£ømåt¡ç Immúñ¡t¥¤

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 01/24/04 at 20:34:35 »
Quote Quote

Hit and runs are a tactic but are you sure there the one's running and not you?  Grin
IP Logged

Just like a sunny day, I'm gone shine. You better cover your face, or you'll go blind. Now b**ch I don't blaze, this is how I ride. Just like a sunny day, watch me shine..§wèè+ñ觧.
Flawless

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/24/04 at 20:34:43 »
Quote Quote

on 01/24/04 at 18:01:11, Authority wrote:
Hitting and running is completely getting old and pathetic. One person that still uses this tactic is the only pus known as Parental_Advisory aka Adil.  

Something should be done, such as the alts with no stam can not follow the party if they have no stam. I know this has been spoken about plenty of times but when will it be implimented? Maybe this will put an end to the sandnug and his annoying and dishonorable tactics.

Notice how it only becomes bad after you stop using it  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 01/24/04 at 22:27:04 »
Quote Quote

Rofl yeah. I can clearly remember both Epic and Authority doing it.
IP Logged
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/24/04 at 22:45:00 »
Quote Quote

Back in the day Devout basically started the hit and run tactic.  All of us would go on a druid/mage and our theives and rape pretty much anyone anywhere.  It was badass and it was pretty fun, but we all agreed after a while that it just got old.  It wasn't like a clan ban on the tactic, each of us just got tired of doing it.

We were pregnant doged at by every single player in game.  Then everyone started using it.  Personally I don't get killed by hit and runners often, it just isn't used too much and when people actually attack me I'm pretty much always sitting 1 south on 3-4 crits, not hard to heal myself w/o dying.

Complaining about hit and runs is old.  Just chill and eventually it'll go away.  I don't think we need to change how party system and all that jazz works just to solve a tactic that only a couple people in game still use.  We all used it, apperently most of us got tired of it.  So will the people that are using it now.  If they want to kill you without having to worry too much about dying, let them.

One suggestion for you--sit south on just your cleric (dwarf with high hp would be nice) or high level zerker.  Hold heal or pots macro, make sure armor spells are on.  Have friend/clannies sit there on thieves holding macros on alts that they think will hit.  It should drop the person's crits...only problem is that you rarely can get the party leader, it would help to have a spyglass, then vision and hit...but then you don't want too many invis crits on square..it'll lag you too much to hit them effectivly.
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/25/04 at 00:44:53 »
Quote Quote

Well, i guess you have all found me out, all i can do is hit and run and i do it all the time..i cant fight without running away..busted
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Authority
USA 

ÇãþïtᣠÞüñï§hmëñt

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 01/25/04 at 02:28:19 »
Quote Quote

on 01/24/04 at 22:27:04, Detheroc wrote:
Rofl yeah. I can clearly remember both Epic and Authority doing it.

I will sit and fight anyone anywhere. I don't need to run from people. Flawless, can you tell me when I have done this? Maybe it was when it was 30 v 1. OK I'll admit it, I might have done it south of NM when there was an entire clan against me. The only time Adil does this is when your training crits that arent even arched. He will hit my low level party and run like a pus wit his tail between his legs.
IP Logged

ÇãþïtᣠÞüñï§hmëñt
Flawless

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 01/25/04 at 14:34:35 »
Quote Quote

Yar, you only did it when it was like a proper fight not purposely picking off like lvl 20's and stuff.
IP Logged
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 01/25/04 at 16:33:30 »
Quote Quote

on 01/25/04 at 02:28:19, Authority wrote:
I will sit and fight anyone anywhere. I don't need to run from people. Flawless, can you tell me when I have done this? Maybe it was when it was 30 v 1. OK I'll admit it, I might have done it south of NM when there was an entire clan against me. The only time Adil does this is when your training crits that arent even arched. He will hit my low level party and run like a pus wit his tail between his legs.

Shut up.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 01/25/04 at 16:55:02 »
Quote Quote

on 01/24/04 at 20:26:27, Matt wrote:
Hitting and running is a strategy. The only time I got a bit mad was when someone was hitting and running in pete's fighting arena  lmfao.

yeah i got hit and run in petes by jamie i think (not sure lol). brilliant kill someone in a no exp loss arena with hit and runs :S
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.