Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/24/24 at 08:46:05

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID?  (Read 16561 times)
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID?
« on: 01/08/04 at 00:08:59 »

So, today, another 2 emails/msns begging for help with accounts.
When will you people get it? we really don't care, i would love to post the emails/msns in here in full and enjoy going through them saying how stupid you are for doing what you did, but that would be unfair to those concerned.
If you share or give out your crits for training purposes and someone nicks your crits, I WILL NOT HELP.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

Re: STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID?
« Reply #1 on: 01/08/04 at 00:17:36 »

Not everyone shares. But if your'e going to run a game that is supposed to be "Against Theft" why do nothing to stop it. If an owner asks, memo's emails saying I know you can't do anything against the person that stole from me. can you please ban my crits that were stolen. That should be thier right. What's theres should be not used if stolen. like with the DA house. yes we all know it can't be sold. dead issue. the point to it. the crit that was chair was shared. and it was ruled it was stolen and now can not be sold. If crits are reported stolen. Then the crits should be banned or deleted. So no one benefits.  Just like DA house sits. and no one benefits.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Galactic
England 

cLiCk, cLiCk ... your dead ..

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 01/08/04 at 00:17:51 »

k i think We get the PoInt
IP Logged

/Memo/page me on Streets or Xplosion or Felicity or Frequency or Hell_Sky or Galactic

Hotamil is garyhornshaw@hotmail.com
Vagabond
New_Zealand 

R€ñ€G@Ѐ

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/08/04 at 00:18:33 »

lmao good work jlh... Grin  forget everything Barny and friends have taught you my misguided  little friends, sharing isnt fun and doesnt make you feel better.
IP Logged

Vãg@BøÑd, THùÑЀ®J@, €XPØrT, ÑØM@Ð, CH@mP@Gñ€, JûGG€®Ñ@ÚT, Br€@K€R ingame
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 01/08/04 at 00:19:06 »

on 01/08/04 at 00:17:36, DemonSkys wrote:
Not everyone shares. But if your'e going to run a game that is supposed to be "Against Theft" why do nothing to stop it. If an owner asks, memo's emails saying I know you can't do anything against the person that stole from me. can you please ban my crits that were stolen. That should be thier right. What's theres should be not used if stolen. like with the DA house. yes we all know it can't be sold. dead issue. the point to it. the crit that was chair was shared. and it was ruled it was stolen and now can not be sold. If crits are reported stolen. Then the crits should be banned or deleted. So no one benefits.  Just like DA house sits. and no one benefits.

the clan issue happened before we decided not to try and sort all these "thefts" that appear daily.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Simulation
USA 

NO.. Dont talk, your gay

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/08/04 at 00:20:44 »

If you do not want people to share...DONT PLAY FAVORITES, There have been many cases where someone gets their crits back so some people share, get stolen from, and ask you to get their crits back, you dont do anything becuase they arent your favorite they complain, get their crits back and someone else does the same thing,To help stop the sharing,DONT PLAY FAVORITES AND GET SOMEONES CRITS BACK AND NOT THE OTHERS!
IP Logged

«¤§îmülåtiðñ~Μĩşŧǻķęń¤»
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 01/08/04 at 00:21:08 »

the point is no need to sort. if crits are reported stolen. ban them or delete them. so the person that was foolish and shared and or stupid and got key logged learns.. don't let this happen agian.. and tthe person now tyinking thier going to benefit from the wealth ill gotten .. get NOTHING
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Vagabond
New_Zealand 

R€ñ€G@Ѐ

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/08/04 at 00:24:28 »

BUMP

STOP SHARING ARE YOU THAT STUPID?

IP Logged

Vanilla
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/08/04 at 00:26:34 »

on 01/08/04 at 00:24:28, Vagabond wrote:
BUMP

STOP SHARING ARE YOU THAT STUPID?

It's not that the person is stupid it's just they're trusting.
IP Logged

"You think that I can’t see right through your eyes
Scared to death to face reality
No one seems to hear your hidden cries
You’re left to face yourself alone"
~*Main crit: Tidal in game*~
Pin

Deadly Beloved & the aviators all the way baby!!!!

ArchAngelVirus1
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 01/08/04 at 00:26:58 »

jlh is 100% right, if you share and your stuff get's stolen it's your fault. They didn't hack so it wasn't theft, your share your stuff goes missing ::shrugs:: to bad for you, it's happened to me acouple of times before and it was my stupidity no one elses but mine quit wasting your time sending in complaints
IP Logged
Nemesis
United_Kingdom 

Short Attention Span (Nemesis/Riot Ingame)

Apoca7ypse   X+Myth+X+85
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 01/08/04 at 00:29:39 »

If you share, who actually owns 100% of the crit?

its up for grabs. freebies. just like the dodgy AOL cd's you get thru the letterbox, you can get it, or yer parents get it or whoever. just like that.

you share, you risk that chance
you get stolen from, kick yourself up the butt and quit your pregnant-dogging
IP Logged

Never Under-Estimate The Power Of Stupid People In Large Groups

Going To Church Doesn't Make You Any More Christian Than Standing In A Garage Makes You A Car.

(N I'm Not Religeous! B4 U Start)
Vagabond
New_Zealand 

R€ñ€G@Ѐ

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 01/08/04 at 00:30:00 »

lol w/e, even with sharing and they take what is not thiers it is still theft, just that kind of theft is too hard to police. Is there a way to stop this crime spree.....DONT SHARE AN ACCOUNT.

This shouldnt be a bloody discussion/arguement... read what it says because if you dont your gonna loose your stuff to a thief.
IP Logged

Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 01/08/04 at 01:08:00 »

on 01/08/04 at 00:08:59, JLH wrote:
So, today, another 2 emails/msns begging for help with accounts.
When will you people get it? we really don't care, i would love to post the emails/msns in here in full and enjoy going through them saying how stupid you are for doing what you did, but that would be unfair to those concerned.
If you share or give out your crits for training purposes and someone nicks your crits, I WILL NOT HELP.

exactly.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 01/08/04 at 07:44:33 »

on 01/08/04 at 00:17:36, DemonSkys wrote:
Not everyone shares. But if your'e going to run a game that is supposed to be "Against Theft" why do nothing to stop it.

He is against "Theft". He is against the type of theft where the person stolen from had no way of preventing it. Linds clearly stated in her post that she gave her pass to a friend..she got drunk and gave it away. It is not staffs fault that stuff like this happens thus why he isnt going to help.
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Pandilex
England 

Maneki Neko! (‚Ü‚Ë‚«‚Ë‚±j

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 01/08/04 at 10:02:17 »

We're not here to hold you hand. Keeping your passwords to yourself is SO easy! Why do you have so much trouble doing it?

The reason we haven't stopped sharing is because a) its quite tricky to program it in so there's no way to get past it, and b) in 0.000001% of cases people might genuinely want to share with someone they really trust - regardless of this fact its still their own responsibility. There are a few people I'd trust enough to share with, but even if I did and they did rip me off, which is what happens with 99.9999% of sharing incidents, it would be my own fault. I'd only share with someone I knew in real life, who I knew to be mature or responsible, or someone I've known online for years like isyng.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
deadman
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/08/04 at 12:02:36 »

I seem to remember oracle sharing with some1 and then that person giving out the acct pass and getting stuff jacked but yet guess what happens he gets the crits back no why bc he shared with a staff.That shouldnt matter who u share with u share bc u can trust the person yea but u should get ur crits back bc the game is spose to be against theft and whatever way it happens its still theft and should be dealt with even if ur not gonna get crits back they should be banned/deleted so no1 else can use them.

My apologies to Wes this isnt bashing u or anything u were just a good example.
IP Logged

Boron Or Eric_Cartman IN Game...
Abj
United_Kingdom 

I Dunno y?

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/08/04 at 12:06:34 »

I do share but its ok cause the kid i share with goes to school so i will just pound him if he steals lol Tongue
IP Logged

Abj, Alienated, Firekeeper, Steam, Zooom
Sublime
USA 

Dý§fûñçtîøñäl

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 01/08/04 at 12:17:20 »

on 01/08/04 at 00:19:06, JLH wrote:

we decided not to try and sort all these "thefts" that appear daily.

Did you ever think just maybe... thats why there is "Thefts"?

If anything staff need to pay alot more attention to the game and these "theft" issues... half the staff hardly log on anyway

If you're trying to run a clean and fun game... then why allow things like this to go on?...
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: 01/08/04 at 12:33:39 »

on 01/08/04 at 12:17:20, Sublime wrote:

Did you ever think just maybe... thats why there is "Thefts"?

If anything staff need to pay alot more attention to the game and these "theft" issues... half the staff hardly log on anyway

If you're trying to run a clean and fun game... then why allow things like this to go on?...

let's c how can ppl steal your account? if you give them their pw or you don't use the trade system. both are your won mistakes. there have never been hacks (except for the keylogger which isn't a real hack but noobs with a program and other nobos that trust them) on nm.

if you don't give someone your pw and use the trade system there will be no thefts!! staff is not here to make up for your mistakes.

and they are on alot they are just invis or whatever you jsut can't c em and they ignore you :d
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: 01/08/04 at 12:50:43 »

Don't have much of a comment to make on the whole sharing thing, but I've been given several peoples account details in the past, it's so easy to get trust off of people on NM. (note i have NEVER stolen anything, nor do I have plans to)

I currently share with a friend from Sweden who I've known for quite some time. I understand that sharing is my own choice, and what I risk by doing so..
But at the end of the day, it's just a game, and it does exactly what I want it to do, pass my time.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.