Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - want some command on my pics :D »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 02:41:22

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   want some command on my pics :D
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: want some command on my pics :D  (Read 1818 times)
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

Re: want some command on my pics :D
« Reply #20 on: 03/15/03 at 09:27:04 »
Quote Quote

on 03/14/03 at 19:48:01, Insomnia wrote:

What has he changed on them? I've compared some of them, the only thing I've noticed is the glowing part. I just think it's sad to take credit like that without doing anything at all. If you really want me to, I can post some of the links to those items.

http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_282.html
http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_519.html
http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_2.html
http://www.medieval-weaponry.com/en-us/dept_281.html

i never made it a secret i took the pics from that site i just wanted command on them like diff glow colours and stuff. like i said before both zephie and jlh know i took em from that site.

here's a copy of the e-mail conversation i had with the site owners.

Jurian,  

You can use the pictures; however, we would like to get some credit for them. Placing a link to our web site would be appropriate.  

Regards,

Peter Porada

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 8:36 AM
To: medieval@globaloutlet.com
Subject: pictures on website.

hello,  

i have a question about the pictures on your website. A friend of mine is building his own role playing game and i was wondering if i could use some of the pictures that are on your webiste (i'll change the background to black) so they can be processed in the game.

i do not exactly know how everything goes with copyright and stuff for these pictures and since they look really great i thought i'll ask your permission before i use them.

Jurian Zaat.

it allready shows i wasn't planning on editing much Cheesy and i never said i created em all from scratch. If i gave you that impression then i apologise cuz it never was my intention Cheesy

IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 03/15/03 at 10:25:00 »
Quote Quote

on 03/15/03 at 09:06:05, wonderful_nightmare wrote:

most are a diff background and some glow changes indeed :d so that's why i don't know if they are copyrighted or not Cheesy

edit: like i said before i have permission of the site owners (got an e-mail of em) to use em aslong as we put a link to their site on em so that's why i wonder if i should send em in or not lol Cheesy

is jlh gonna put the link up or aren't they under copyright law no more since they are not exactly the same?

You haven't changed anything on the *items*. The only difference is the glow, and the background has been made black. Putting 5 yellow dots in the upperleft corner would make the same difference to the items, but those 5 dots wouldn't remove the copyright, right? Wink

on 03/15/03 at 09:27:04, wonderful_nightmare wrote:

i never made it a secret i took the pics from that site i just wanted command on them like diff glow colours and stuff. like i said before both zephie and jlh know i took em from that site

--------------------------------------------

it allready shows i wasn't planning on editing much Cheesy and i never said i created em all from scratch. If i gave you that impression then i apologise cuz it never was my intention Cheesy

In the first post you did write that "you've made some item pics for nightmist", and not once did you mention anything about them coming from another site.  

So yes, I'll have to say that you gave everyone the impression that the pics was yours (at least until I looked at them, it's hard to make pics looking that realistic Roll Eyes, and I doubt it's even wanted).
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Ghetto

WAR SUCKS!!

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 03/15/03 at 10:27:46 »
Quote Quote

i had a look at them and then the medievil website and i agree with insomnia...they look the same to me
IP Logged

nebrio/ghetto ingame
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: 03/15/03 at 10:42:58 »
Quote Quote

well then it was my bad Cheesy i didn't want ppl to think i created all but i do not get that last thing where you say you doubt its wanted. Realistic pics not wanted?

if that's what you mean here's my e-mail to jlh Cheesy

hey dude,

i saw there are some new pics in the game and they are cool but i thought i'l lsend you some other pics Tongue

so i start with just one pic for the spiked helmet because i do not know how it exactly works with copyrighted stuff and all.

so this e-mail includes the original pic, the pic i made of it (i did not know the file format you needed so it;s in jpg and bmp.

and i will also include a link to the site where i found the original pic (they have a load of cool pics i'll be willing to edit for the game)

i do like the pic but it might be too realistic for the game so let me know if you want me to edit more pics or if that would be a waste of time :p

greetz,

Jurian Zaat a.k.a the_third_thief/wonderful_nightmare

i send the link in a second e-mail i forgot to write it in the first :d

so i can't say i disagree with you on anything Cheesy

edit: jlh never replied on this e-mail so i continued working on the other pics :d
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 03/15/03 at 14:31:09 »
Quote Quote

I don't know what your point was with showing us the e-mail, but anyways..

I'm not sure about everyone else's opinion, but at least I don't want portraits, monsters and items in this game to look like photos (don't take this a sarcasm or anything, I'm just trying to express myself Wink). And, according to the current portrait and monster pics, it looks like I'm not the only one thinking like this. I'm sure that if those who's made those pics wanted them to look more 'realistic', it wouldn't be too hard to make them that way (knowing that by my own experience).
IP Logged

Fair enough.
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: 03/15/03 at 15:47:43 »
Quote Quote

If nightmist went pay to play, i'm sure this medieval company would want more than a link (which i won't do anyway) to their site, since nightmist would be making money using their material, so they would have rights to sue me. This is a bad thing, so won't happen, as there is no point copying their library of pics to then remove them all at a later date when proper free pics are available that won't get me sued.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: 03/15/03 at 15:55:45 »
Quote Quote

The picture of the Gnoll (last I saw) was a direct copy from the AD&D 2nd Ed. Monster Manual.  (if you weren't aware)
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.