Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Mage Observation!! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/21/24 at 01:22:22

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Mage Observation!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mage Observation!!  (Read 1276 times)
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

Re: Mage Observation!!
« Reply #20 on: 03/12/03 at 01:08:57 »

devastate is already a rapid beam...when your invis and got someone macroed theres nothing they can do, its like an assassinate. As far as having it do damage to multiple people on a square, whats the point? Devastate is fine the way it is, nothing needs to be changed about it. But like every other questy out there, BoS, Xmas Blade, Inqu' Ring, Ruby Ring, etc, these items are limited in number, as should devastate be...its just another questy, just so happens this is a spell.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 03/12/03 at 04:23:36 »

Well if it's like an Assassinate maybe it should be lowered, because as people have said only assassinate should be able to take out players with 1 round.

As for Devastate being a quest items, perhaps your right. Maybe devastate should be a quest item.
Although.....
Since no quest was run for it, maybe it should be removed from Solidad, and given to the winner of a quest set up by the newly founded Quest Team?
IP Logged
Cupcake

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 03/12/03 at 09:00:30 »

As should several RotW that were given in the same manner, and i believe a ruby ring...?
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 03/12/03 at 15:45:05 »

I agree totally with that, because people should earn what they have. Not be the lucky person to pick up an item the fastest.
However the people with these Quest Items, would obviously argue against this, because they would want to keep the items they have.

Items like Inqy Ring, Sythos, Witches Gloves, Witches Hat, and Xmas items have been won via quests. Others however have not, but I cant honestly see it happening.
IP Logged
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: 03/12/03 at 15:57:36 »

Going back to the beginning of the post, I believe the biggest problem for mages is mana cost. The second biggest problem is the weak spell (Shock) you are stuck with until level 15.

I can't even imagine trying to level a mage as a first character. It's tedious enough with high-level alts assisting with heals and purchasing mana. There is no way my low-level mage could afford to buy her own mana.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Necros

Email

« Reply #25 on: 03/12/03 at 16:35:13 »

Last thing i heard from pandilex when i was testing something,  

Mages will be given devastate but tweaked, So they wont dominate. Just thought id add this.
IP Logged
Cupcake

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 03/12/03 at 22:11:43 »

horse nuts...
IP Logged

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 03/13/03 at 01:40:39 »

You say that as though you didnt really want that to happen John. After saying mages would own with Devastate if it's being tweaked they wont own as much.
Good thing too if it bring another spell apart from Beam.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: 03/13/03 at 05:09:15 »

on 03/12/03 at 22:11:43, sugah wrote:
horse nuts...

* Deval drools
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Silex

Email

« Reply #29 on: 11/26/03 at 00:24:05 »

I still think the problem here lies in the fact that people solo mages trying to take on others who are spelled up on 3-5 alts or more.  
Try taking an actual party into a fight instead of the way people solo...you wouldnt see any thief do much to a party of 3 on its own, especially w/o any spells to make it hit harder and more often.
I would think that people could see a mage being a very very powerful crit, especially with how hard they are to train and keep alive when they dont have AoP on, but other crits would be a lot like that if they didnt have clerics with them healing and spelling.  I know everyone gets pissed about hit and runs, i personally would rather not deal with a party of mages where they each hit then have another one invis them...and if there were to be more with devestate i know for sure that people would simply take it south with another crit and do hit and runs like they do with a set of 2-5 thieves, just macro 1 crit, take it out and run off...i thought everyone had agreed that that was a really gay tactic..but it is all i see anymore sitting on a cleric and stuff out of town.
Peace,
Gaddy
IP Logged
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 11/26/03 at 01:58:47 »

Why was this post dug back up after ..um... over 8 months?
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.