Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - The 'Help' Command »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 06:53:54

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Comments
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   The 'Help' Command
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The 'Help' Command  (Read 408 times)
Sublime
USA 

Dý§fûñçtîøñäl

View Profile

The 'Help' Command
« on: 06/29/03 at 02:19:53 »
Quote Quote

Ok, so im on the nightmist site and then i go to the topic 'Ingame Commands' and right at the top is the 'help' command. As I look over the rest of the commands, i notice that they all have a / before them. I think that staff should change 'help' to '/help' because many of times i had been dueling/moshing and i go to someone and say 'help me pleez' and this silly text come up (There are many guides to choose from, type 'help X' where X is General, Equipment, Levels, Fighting, Clans, Quests, Bugs, Parties, Sysops, Triplex, Mosh, Commands, Emotes.) and i usually get killed or made fun of/taunted/harassed for running. This idea should be re-thought and then put into act. put the '/' before the 'help'

(yeah i know, where i said the part about 'help me pleez' where you can say, 'can you pleez help me, or pleez help me' but still, i would think they could change it)

P.S. I didn't know where to start this thread so i posted it here.
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

Re: The 'Help' Command
« Reply #1 on: 06/29/03 at 02:27:46 »
Quote Quote

it's plain old 'help' because new people will typically type that without a / first.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Sublime
USA 

Dý§fûñçtîøñäl

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 06/29/03 at 23:29:32 »
Quote Quote

so your saying  that if someone wants to page me/you, they will hit 'p' first? umm.. no. they hit/ and thats what they have learned to type first.
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 06/29/03 at 23:39:23 »
Quote Quote

I think what JLH is saying is that someone who is brand new to the game and doesn't know any commands whatsoever will not know about commands starting with /, hence that person will type help without / and to his big astonishment he will get the message older players may find annoying, henceforth knowing that ingame commands start with a /.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 07/09/03 at 04:28:45 »
Quote Quote

It might be useful to use a more dramatic help when crying for it then?

Repeat after me:
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Bill
England 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 07/09/03 at 04:51:05 »
Quote Quote

(Gwerradon)

JLH is right here, most of the games i play wont have any character before the word 'help', and yes, new players ALWAYS type 'help' before anything else
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.