Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Martyr Spell »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/29/24 at 15:11:44

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Cleric Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Martyr Spell
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Martyr Spell  (Read 1327 times)
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

Martyr Spell
« on: 02/02/03 at 19:43:19 »
Quote Quote

Okay, I've suggested this before and wiill suggest it again, Clerics are my second favorite class and a cleric can't do anything except for heal undead ant it's impossible to even win a duel against almost any class with him (I beat a druid once, and a fighter that was 2 lvls lower).

I think clerics are a little underpowered, and clerics are supposed to be fighting priests.  They don't fight much.  They heal and thats about it except for killing undead.  

I think clerics shoujdl get a spell called martyr, which 'transforms' them.  

This would change the cleric into a more aggresive cleric.  All its heal spells and enhancing spells are gone.  

In its place,  the cleric would get new spells.  There should be an ability that doesn't cost any mana, but its called 'drain energy'.

Once the cleric casts martyr, all its spell points would be exhausted, and its only source of mana would be mana crystals and its 'drain energy' spell.

Mana crystals when used would be autoatically changed into hp instead of mana.

It would get 3 new spells that it could use depending on the level and it would have to pick up the scrolls somewhere.

There should be an undead monster that appears every 3 hours and sdrops the 'power strike' spell, which would be a lvl 20 spell which is like 'assassinate' but only takes 20 mana too!
there should also be another boss who appeared once a day who dropped a scroll called 'blinding glow' which makes the cleric invisible for 30 seconds,  attacking doesn't take away the effects.  This shuold be a lvl 25 spell.

Then finally, there should be a 'power boss' that appeared at random times, no more then 2 times a week.  This boss would drop a scroll called 'heavenly light' which did 50 damage to everyone in a radius of one square.  This spell would also reveal people invisible in this radius of squares.

All of these 4 spells (drain energy, power strike, blinding glow, heavenly light) would only be availible once the spell 'martyr' was cast,  this would be a lvl 18 spell.  It would drain all your spell points, but it would give you half of all the spells point your had left into your hp.  So if a cleric had 150 hp (max) and 150 sp, it would get 225 hp, and then it would get its half of its wisdom added to its strength, so is a cleric had 18 strength and 19 wisdom, then it would get 27 strength and still would have 19 wisdom.  Dexerity would have 2 subtracted.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

Re: Martyr Spell
« Reply #1 on: 02/02/03 at 21:08:27 »
Quote Quote

I'm going to start by saying bad idea. Clerics would be way too overpowered.  

Clerics can win duels quite easily. They heal for over 100.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/03/03 at 01:17:35 »
Quote Quote

very rarely should clerics even lose a duel...
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Crusher

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/06/03 at 18:45:53 »
Quote Quote

You think that's a bad idea?

I at least congratulate you for being able to read the idea. It was so confusing to me I wasn't sure I wanted to read the whole thing.

Yeah. I see JLH jumping on this one. It would be a programming nightmare to work this into the game!

I liked the idea of martyr...but like every good martyr, you just have to die. By that definition, Crusher has a darn good martyr spell. I die all the time.

What's this? Clerics should rarely lose a duel? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. There's no way I can cast any spell at all while an enchanted bow rapid-fires me back to my local pub.
IP Logged

Crusher
phos kai dzoe
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/06/03 at 21:10:50 »
Quote Quote

if dueling the same lvl then yes, clerics should rarely lose a duel; although this is more so at higher lvls once clerics can use all their armor/str increasing spells, and the oh so great stamina spell.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/12/03 at 17:09:24 »
Quote Quote

Energy Drain and all that changing seems more like a Necromancer to me.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Nikki-NY
USA 

Huggles the stuffing right out of you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 02/15/03 at 01:20:43 »
Quote Quote

In my opinion, I chose 'Cleric' because they are symbols of peace, healing, & helping, not fighters... All through history book have been written by or about clerics, ( "Robert Herrick (1591-1674), a cleric & poet," "Robert Herrick, an English cleric and poet.") As you know Cleric is defined in any dictionary as "a member of the clergy"...  You want power, get a Fighter or a Ranger...  I love my cleric, 1 have 2 actually & when I go out in training parties & we are getting  pk, I heal the party, not hit back... It's a clerics job to heal those who have entrusted themselves to you...  We have enough power classes in the game, let the clerics be what their suppose to be... I am very proud of my Lala & Brigit & have gone to great lenghts to be a good cleric, friendly, helping anyone who askes no matter who... Apparently, I'm doing something right, I get pages from noobs asking for my help, saying they was told I would help them & I do, whether their clerics, fighter & etc...   I was taught by , who in my eyes are great clerics of nightmist, Crusher & Mildred...  So if you want a power crit, don't be a cleric.... Play your character the way it should be...  And before you start bashing me, I have high lvl fighters, high mage, it's called Role Playing & Character Separation....  

~ Lala~
IP Logged

It's been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtures.....
Abe Lincoln
Blade

Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/15/03 at 09:11:05 »
Quote Quote

Clerics aren't just meant to be healers though, they also have a strong attack. In D & D my partys cleric is the strongest member, he hits for MORE than the fighter, and can heal.
IP Logged
Zerlix

Are you sure you wanna meet me on a dark night?

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 03/12/03 at 03:48:06 »
Quote Quote

i strongly agree with the 'martyr' concept, clerics can hardly hit with weapons and that would be a great increase to their strength in a battle otherwise they are only used for helping in quests and you have to go to great extents to train them
IP Logged

«¤¥ðu WøulÐñ† §â¥ †hä† Îƒ ï HåÐ â GuѤ»
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 03/12/03 at 09:49:38 »
Quote Quote

Who needs to hit with their weapon? If you wanna lvl, go heal stuff, i can think of three good areas off the top of my head!
My lvl 24 cleric was gonna beat a lvl 29 halfling thief in a duel. It was only cus someone came along and interupted us that we had to stop! And they need to hit for more?
I say clerics are good as are.
IP Logged

Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 03/13/03 at 04:52:34 »
Quote Quote

The whole 'Martyr' spell thing is a bit confusing, and would be very hard for JLH or Pandilex to program it into the game as someone had already mentioned. I also agree with Lala. Characters are made for what they do, Fighters to attack, Mages to use magic, Clerics to HEAL! Clerics are good the way they are, good for healing, and can also be a very good attacking unit at times. I believe that clerics should stay the way they are, because there are already 7 classes used for fighting  Shocked, and ONLY 1 USED FOR HEALING!!!  Shocked Keep clerics the way they are, end of story. But not bad idea dude.  Undecided
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
the Kiheitai

We're headstrong to take on anyone

weaselking123   weaselking123
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/31/03 at 02:50:27 »
Quote Quote

First off, I dont have any problems with my clerics offensively. My clerics are never main atackers, they are support. One usually heals and buffs, enhance + rightious fury. My other cleric, will use Holy Might + Enhance and bash the bejis out of things. Or combined with Holy Might, will cast wrath of the gods on all enemys on the square. You can't tell me that 40 damage in 1 round to all enemys from 1 combatant isn't good offense. Combined with a thief, berserker, or ranger, that 40 damage is enough to let any of those other classes finish a crit off. All I have to say is power to the Cloth.

I am generally passive and hardly ever get involved in conflict, if it can be helped, but these clerics can combo with other party members and unleash the raw goodness on an enemy.
IP Logged

the Kiheitai: proud members of DRACO HONORIS...Represent
Necros

Email

« Reply #12 on: 03/31/03 at 18:04:44 »
Quote Quote

Ok ok, Parental_Advisory is an average stat cleric, He dueled My Fighter, Ranger, Thief, Paladin.

Fighter and Ranger Lost.

Paladin and Thief won, The Thief one clicked.
IP Logged
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 04/08/03 at 19:35:17 »
Quote Quote

As far as hitting for very little goes, I have seen a huge number of clerics with very low strength, as in 8-12. Obviously you will hit for small amounts with these strength deficencies. I assure you that a high lvl dwarf cleric with 21 str will outright beat the stuffing out of any other class. Perhaps another weapon would be nice though. Maybe something like the hawk talon.
IP Logged

heh
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: 04/11/03 at 11:13:17 »
Quote Quote

My main crit Lady_Maha is a cleric with the amazingly low str of 7. Do I mind? No... because I have to agree with Nikki-NY. The title cleric defines a member of the clergy that heals and helps, and I am proud to say that that is exactly what my cleric does.

Granted, playing a cleric like that won't get you the amazing amounts of gold you need to finance your goodness, but that's why I run Lady together with her two fighters, a berserker and a druid. Together we make a decent team, one that makes enough gold to finance mana crystals and a clan, not bad for a lil newblet like me I'd say. If you want someone who can fight and heal, get a paladin or even a druid. Yes, I know, most of you will say druids suck, but mine comes in handy when my crits are hungry, can heal (although not even close to what my cleric can) and with stormwrath hits for some nice damage too.

Okay, I'm getting off the subject again....lol.. anyway, I like my cleric as is, and I've made a lot of friends in the game by just healing, not pking and hitting a whole 12 points of damage with a bronze staff... wouldn't have it any other way  Wink
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Arsenal
USA 

"Nobody Beats Asians"

DaChosenKorean
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 04/14/03 at 21:40:21 »
Quote Quote

Clerics should have another spell like martyr, but shouldn't get to powerful so that they are the overwhelming class of the game.  I think a new attacking spell would be nice, but not to overpowering.
I suggest a spell like a mages blast or beam.  No any stronger of any weaker.  Something around there.
IP Logged

Arsenal, Ssj_Goku, Disturb, Sore
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 05/23/03 at 01:47:47 »
Quote Quote

on 02/15/03 at 01:20:43, Lala wrote:
In my opinion, I chose 'Cleric' because they are symbols of peace, healing, & helping, not fighters...  

Clerics: fighters/defenders of the church.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
?
England 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 05/24/03 at 02:46:14 »
Quote Quote

Clerics are fine as they are...my cleric as hardly lost a duel

i Fighted Violate with it Tonight it as 12 stre all is cast holy might/enhance/almighty retrib/call upon deity 146 ac 22 stre 25 dex unbeatable got enough mana to finish off by healing

Clerics are nice the way they are...Perfect
IP Logged

I know you but, do you know me?
Jono

Email

« Reply #18 on: 05/26/03 at 06:14:32 »
Quote Quote

I think it is a good idea...my cleric wins no duels...even though it heals 100 i still run outa mana...then im dead
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 05/29/03 at 05:13:53 »
Quote Quote

profile on heart

Class: Male Dwarf Adept Cleric
Clan: Devout (²× Örïgïnål Prånk§tër§ ײ)
E-Mail: 21 9 18 21 18 7    
Comment: The Mosh Server: Heart won the mosh!!! You can do /mosh log to see what happened.
ICQ UIN: Was a lvl 1-20 mosh ^
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.