Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Spell: Cleanse »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/18/24 at 15:04:03

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Cleric Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Spell: Cleanse
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Spell: Cleanse  (Read 1495 times)
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

Spell: Cleanse
« on: 01/24/03 at 18:59:11 »
Quote Quote

costs too much mana for what it currently does.

I think it should clean and prevent further poison (and other effects that it covers) for 5 to 20 sec.  (staying at it's current cost)

Most recent, previous discussion that I know of is here: Cleanse
« Last Edit: 01/24/03 at 19:37:54 by Cyric » IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

Re: Spell: Cleanse
« Reply #1 on: 01/24/03 at 19:47:39 »
Quote Quote

Reducing the cost would be a great idea, I don't think preventing future poison/hypno would though. People would just cast cleanse and run through areas that contain monsters who poison without any worry.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #2 on: 01/24/03 at 19:52:17 »
Quote Quote

I think that would depend on how long it lasts, 10 seconds wouldn’t really buy you piece of mind but it would give use to a somewhat redundant spell. I never use cleanse in the basic map area I use simply because poison is immediately recast (as mentioned by the Dark Sun before I think).
IP Logged
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 01/24/03 at 20:00:26 »
Quote Quote

Area designers should take into account the possibility of players just running straight through to the boss and set the monster/grid stats to prevent players from moving on if a monster is present (whether it poisons or not).
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 01/24/03 at 20:01:00 »
Quote Quote

Yes, I think Bullit knows what he's talking about. I got all three classes that can cast it and I only casted it once... To see what it did, ages ago. And that 10/15 second thingy would be fair, because monsters just try to poison the ones that are "unpoisoned" over and over.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Momba

Email

« Reply #5 on: 01/25/03 at 01:03:13 »
Quote Quote

on 01/24/03 at 20:00:26, Valentine wrote:
Area designers should take into account the possibility of players just running straight through to the boss and set the monster/grid stats to prevent players from moving on if a monster is present (whether it poisons or not).

In this case the posion shouldn't be real high. In some areas the posion is 100+

But all in all I think clerics should be left alone. The update was a great one.
IP Logged
ChaosHound
USA 

'We traffic in Mockery'

Arwyl
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 01/25/03 at 05:12:51 »
Quote Quote

on 01/25/03 at 01:03:13, Momba wrote:

In this case the posion shouldn't be real high. In some areas the posion is 100+

But all in all I think clerics should be left alone. The update was a great one.

I have to agree here, clerics are just fine.  If you think clense isnt a good spell or not a very usefull one, go to the jungle, that will change your mind in a hurry.
IP Logged

"A foolish consistany is the hobgoblin of little minds."
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 01/25/03 at 14:23:59 »
Quote Quote

oic, cleanse spell is only for the jungle - didn't know that.

And, divine restoration cleanses and heals and costs very little mana....   why is cleanse even still in?  And even if it's needed, why would it cost so much (doing the same job as DR minus healing at double (or x3) the cost)?

IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/25/03 at 15:42:57 »
Quote Quote

I agree with cyric, theres no use to have clense with its current mana cost if DR heals around 100 points while also casting clense.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 01/27/03 at 20:22:31 »
Quote Quote

Yup... I also agree that the clerics are fine now after this update... But this is a spell for 3 of the 7 avaliable classes in the game.

Cleanse COULD (not should) be reduced almost to 5 mana, and it wouldn't (still) be used a lot.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 01/27/03 at 23:27:54 »
Quote Quote

I'd use it...
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 01/28/03 at 00:52:58 »
Quote Quote

having cleanse at lower lvls helps clerics who are not yet lvl 27 and equipped with DV travel to areas known for poison....
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Valentine

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 01/28/03 at 16:49:46 »
Quote Quote

I don't think low-level clerics would go to any "poisoned" areas that would deal enough damage that cleanse would be more effective (and cost-efficient) than minor heal...
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Proteus
Canada 

Proteus, Caitiff, Reign, Ophidian, Trite.

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 01/28/03 at 22:28:33 »
Quote Quote

I think if they made Cleanse a party spell since you dont always know whos all poisoned or have the time to check. You can just cast Cleanse for 25 mana no matter how many party members you have removing poison and hypno off of all of them.

This way making it alot more cost effective and unique.
IP Logged

I will rape his kin,massacre his subjects,raze his kingdom to the ground & send his soul screaming to the foulest pit of Hell.Only then will I spit on his corpse.Only then will I have had my vengance.
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 01/28/03 at 23:43:10 »
Quote Quote

on my next update

19) The Cleanse spell now lasts for about 20 seconds, during that time, monsters/flaming arrow can't poison you. Mana usage has been dropped to 10.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Valentine

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: 01/29/03 at 15:54:47 »
Quote Quote

This gets a huge WOOHOO from me!!!
IP Logged

Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/30/03 at 19:24:59 »
Quote Quote

on 01/28/03 at 16:49:46, Valentine wrote:
I don't think low-level clerics would go to any "poisoned" areas that would deal enough damage that cleanse would be more effective (and cost-efficient) than minor heal...

i only said lower lvl cleric below 27, ive been taken my cleric through the poison areas since lvl 23 and would have died without cleanse...spendin the magic to cast cleanse instead of being poisoned for 225 and dying seems worth it to me. Not complaining that its been lowered, but maybe only to 15 instead of 10.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Face_The_Fact

imr0naldmcd0nald
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/02/03 at 21:30:01 »
Quote Quote

i use my clerics all the time, and in swamps, where im safe from pk'ers, hatchlings deal 16 poison damage and heads deal 25. sadly i cant lvl my clerics past lvl 25, or they cant go there. i wouldnt mind cleanse being lowered just a little bit more, to like 8 mana, on the basis it really doesnt have much of a use, and letting the poison run its course and aiding does generally the same thing as cleanse for 3 less mana <meaning i just aid after the poison wears off>
IP Logged

Oh! The beautiful pills.
Arilas

Saint_MJA   KamikaziPenguins
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/03/03 at 22:15:59 »
Quote Quote

God people, JLH changed it to what you guys were asking for (less mana, and lasts a little while) and you still aren't happy! Why not make cleanse free and last 10 years... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

""
Crusher

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/06/03 at 18:37:42 »
Quote Quote

Well, that seems a little excessive, but ok, I will accept your rate and duration suggestion.
IP Logged

Crusher
phos kai dzoe
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.