Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - The Ristance »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 23:34:01

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Clan Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   The Ristance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Ristance  (Read 2267 times)
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

Re: The Ristance
« Reply #20 on: 01/09/03 at 23:38:38 »
Quote Quote

mentobe did, look at my quote lol
IP Logged
Clayton

Email

« Reply #21 on: 01/09/03 at 23:39:44 »
Quote Quote

lol i was joking cuz that is where i spend most of my time......
IP Logged
Demised

Demised / Betrayal

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 01/15/03 at 00:55:09 »
Quote Quote

I would vote against it by means you cant even spell the name of the clan Grin
IP Logged

Sometime People dont know how sorry the can be till it is done and over with... And then it is just to Late!!
Arkanah

Email

« Reply #23 on: 01/15/03 at 00:55:58 »
Quote Quote

Heh, YAY for the 'Ristance'   lol.

Someone needs to call 1-800-Abc-defg... and fast.

Quack quack!!!   the duck has spoken.
IP Logged
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 01/15/03 at 07:33:53 »
Quote Quote

Even though his grammar was barely understandable,Your grammar wasn't exactly 'Top Notch'.

Instead of trying to flame on the uneducated players' of nightmist why don't you point out their mistakes?
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Demised

Demised / Betrayal

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 01/16/03 at 11:09:12 »
Quote Quote

One thing i don't understand is why would someone come back to a game they quit just to start drama Angry
IP Logged

Sometime People dont know how sorry the can be till it is done and over with... And then it is just to Late!!
Arkanah

Email

« Reply #26 on: 01/16/03 at 11:16:28 »
Quote Quote

Posted by: PopTart Posted on: 01/15/03 at 07:33:53  
Even though his grammar was barely understandable,Your grammar wasn't exactly 'Top Notch'.  

Instead of trying to flame on the uneducated players' of nightmist why don't you point out their mistakes?  

----------------------------------------------------
First off, my post was in good fun, and NOT to be taken seriously.

But, since we're on the topic of grammar are we?  And being as it is that you mentioned above about trying to flame on the uneducated instead of pointing out flaws, allow me to point out a few of yours..

Even though his grammar was barely understandable,Your grammar wasn't exactly 'Top Notch'    

Note here you use a capital 'Y' in ''your'' instead of lower case which is completely off, where as you should be using a lower case letter instead.  Now had you put a period instead of a comma, then and only then would you use a capital 'Y'.  

Now it would seem to me that someone who is trying to point out my flaws as some type of petty embarrassment would at least try to do it with out flaws of their own.  Now wouldn't that be the case? Well, not here.  From what I see, you had a failed attempt at pointing out my flaws to make yourself seem more intelligent.  Nice try though.

So, you see, my grammar, in fact can be 'Top Notch', thank you.  So the next time you try to assume the right to point out flaws of another person, make sure you're an example of what you're trying to say others are not.  

Have a nice day.

-----------------------------------------------------------

o0o0o0o0o0o0o A grammar war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

« Last Edit: 01/16/03 at 23:12:05 by darksoulraven » IP Logged
Rattlesnake
USA 

Miau

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: 01/16/03 at 17:51:07 »
Quote Quote

*applauds for Arakanah*
IP Logged

Contact Sweet_Dream in game. Smiley
My Pictures
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 01/16/03 at 18:56:40 »
Quote Quote

I would applaud too, except for the fact that you misspelled "capital" throughout your whole paragraph.  "Capitol" is a building where a legislature holds meetings, where "capital" refers to the uppercase letter.
IP Logged
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 01/16/03 at 20:52:15 »
Quote Quote

I guess i'll reply...

I used a capital "Y" for the fact I was changing my train of thought through that sentence.

I could sit here and have this grammar war with you if you would like.

Demised, I came back because my friends wanted me to. If you don't like it, cry me a river. I could care less what you or your girlfriend think of me. One more thing, Why is it everytime you start something you must have Arkanah follow up?

P.S - You two remind me of Sonny & Cher.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Arkanah

Email

« Reply #30 on: 01/16/03 at 23:24:42 »
Quote Quote

You seem to change your train of thought a lot in some different posts that I have seen, if that indeed is the case.  

And did you say Sonny and Cher? Did you know them personally? What traits of theirs do we possess?  
How, exactly, do we remind you of them.  I really do not see Paul skiing down a hill and slamming into a tree and dying anytime soon.  
I do not see any relation between myself and Paul, and Sonny and Cher.  We don’t sing together, neither of us are hippies, neither of us have a television show, so, I am looking for the relationship here.  I really don’t see it.  Please do elaborate.  

Smiley

IP Logged
Dragoon

Dragon Hunter

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 01/16/03 at 23:46:55 »
Quote Quote

Frodo_Baggins #2 ure so dumb trying to be a midgit off of some rip off gay movie and u cant even spell u need to get off that freaking weed man and the lord of the rings was a waist of film!!! and dont go copying others name u homo!!! Angry
IP Logged

Pandilex This is it... You know it's time...
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 01/16/03 at 23:55:31 »
Quote Quote

Your post would be meaningful if you would have taken the time to look at your own spelling.  I am sure as much hatred for LOTR as you seem to have, gives no reason to question another's sexuality, or is it maybe you were hoping he has that orientation to better further your relationship with him.
IP Logged
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 01/17/03 at 00:29:38 »
Quote Quote

It's just Sonny would stand on stage making jokes or comments, Then Cher would agree or laugh. Arkanah and paul do that often. Nearly everytime paul makes a post Arkanah is sure to follow up with him. She usually simply repeats whatever Paul happens to post.

Do you have any idea how funny you would sound if you were to speak the way type? You would be taking intermissions between every other word.

IP Logged

Arkanah

Email

« Reply #34 on: 01/17/03 at 01:21:35 »
Quote Quote

Posted by: PopTart Posted on: Today at 00:29:38  
It's just Sonny would stand on stage making jokes or comments, Then Cher would agree or laugh. Arkanah and paul do that often. Nearly everytime paul makes a post Arkanah is sure to follow up with him. She usually simply repeats whatever Paul happens to post.  

Do you have any idea how funny you would sound if you were to speak the way type? You would be taking intermissions between every other word.  

“It's just Sonny would stand on stage making jokes or comments”

That would be ‘’It’s just” followed by a world like “that”.  Then and only then would the word be used right. Other wise you are misusing the word, and there for you would have said ‘’its”.  

“Then Cher would agree or laugh. Arkanah and paul do that often. Nearly everytime paul makes a post Arkanah is”

Capitalize the P in Paul. And it is  ‘’ every time”  not ‘’everytime”  

"Do you have any idea how funny you would sound if you were to speak the way type? You would be taking intermissions between every other word. "

"the way type?"

Missing something there?  Go back and modify again. Roll Eyes

==========================================

Now to reply to your comment about me having to take intermissions between every other word, that would basically mean that I tend to have a lot of run-on sentences, which I have not written at all.  Nowhere in my typing do I say the word ‘’and’’ more then three times. Nor do I have lack of periods and question marks.
IP Logged
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 01/17/03 at 03:10:00 »
Quote Quote

To be honest with you, I edited simply because I didn’t add all of it. On another note I suppose you’re right I did make some mistakes in my post, I’m glad you were able to point them out without making a lot of spelling mistakes yourself.

On a second note, You don’t disagree on you being Paul's sideshow do you?

I almost forgot to tell you, When I said

Quote:

It means taking a break after every other word you say, Not talking to fast. I just thought I would point that out for you since it seems you failed to comprehend what I said.
IP Logged

PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 01/17/03 at 03:28:14 »
Quote Quote

Unrevised version

on 01/16/03 at 11:16:28, Arkanah wrote:

But, since we're on the topic of grammar are we?  And being as it is that you mentioned above about trying to flame on the uneducated instead of pointing out flaws, allow me to point out a few of yours..

Even though his grammar was barely understandable,Your grammar wasn't exactly 'Top Notch'    

Note here you use a capital 'Y' in ''your'' instead of lower case which is completely off, where as you should be using a lower case letter instead.  Now had you put a period instead of a comma, then and only then would you use a capital 'Y'.  

Now it would seem to me that someone who is trying to point out my flaws as some type of petty embarrassment would at least try to do it with out flaws of their own.  Now wouldn't that be the case? Well, not here.  From what I see, you had a failed attempt at pointing out my flaws to make yourself seem more intelligent.  Nice try though.

So, you see, my grammar, in fact can be 'Top Notch', thank you.  So the next time you try to assume the right to point out flaws of another person, make sure you're an example of what you're trying to say others are not.  

Have a nice day.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o A grammar war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Revised Version

But, since we're on the topic of grammar are we?  And being as it is that you mentioned above about trying to flame on the uneducated instead of pointing out flaws, allow me to point out a few of yours.

Note here you use a capital ’ Y ’ in ‘’ your ’’ instead of lower case, which is completely off, where as you should be using a lower case letter instead.  Now had you put a period instead of a comma, then and only then would you use a capital 'Y'.  

Have a nice day.

O0o0o0o0o0o0o A grammar war!  

PS - The overstress of comas is really unnecessary

IP Logged

Arkanah

Email

« Reply #37 on: 01/17/03 at 07:56:28 »
Quote Quote

What, exactly, did you revise?  lol seems the same to me.

You really try too hard to be an a**hole.  Smiley

Nice try though.
IP Logged
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 01/17/03 at 18:41:48 »
Quote Quote

But, since we're on the topic of grammar are we?  And being as it is that you mentioned above about trying to flame on the uneducated instead of pointing out flaws, allow me to point out a few of yours..(YOU DIDN'T EVEN TYPE THE PUNCTUATION MARK CORRECTLY)

Note here you use a capital 'Y' in ''your'' instead of lower case (COMA NEEDED HERE)which is completely off, where as you should be using a lower case letter instead.  Now had you put a period instead of a comma, then and only then would you use a capital 'Y'.    

Have a nice day.  

(THIS IS A NEW SENTENCE YOUR FIRST LETTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAPITAL.) o0o0o0o0o0o0o A grammar war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(ONLY ONE PUNCTUATION MARK IS NEEDED. PLACING THAT MANY PUNCTUATION MARKS IS GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT. )

Has this helped you?
IP Logged

Arkanah

Email

« Reply #39 on: 01/18/03 at 00:25:23 »
Quote Quote

Are you completely gone?   Tell me that you have never read a book and seen a sentence end with more than one period.

i.e.   And then ...

Trust me it can be used.

(THIS IS A NEW SENTENCE YOUR FIRST LETTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAPITAL.) o0o0o0o0o0o0o A grammar war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(ONLY ONE PUNCTUATION MARK IS NEEDED. PLACING THAT MANY PUNCTUATION MARKS IS GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT. )  

=========================================

The ''o0o0o0o0o0o'' is a *sound* not the beginning of a sentence.    

And when showing an exclamation point, yes, three is sufficient, however, it was more of an over excited statement.  So, really, it doesn't apply!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.