Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Zerkers= overpowered. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 10:34:23

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Zerkers= overpowered.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zerkers= overpowered.  (Read 3237 times)
Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

Re: Zerkers= overpowered.
« Reply #40 on: 12/27/03 at 23:06:28 »
Quote Quote

ok now do an arch cleric and 2 arch dwarf zerkers take a arch cleric and 2 arch rangers or fighters etc.and see who wins
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
Celerity
United_Kingdom 

Full offence intended.

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 12/28/03 at 01:18:35 »
Quote Quote

That would be even less reliable, the 1 v 1 duels Andy posted have no element of player skill, except maybe the paladin one, but if you were playing 3 v 3 the skill or at least speed of the player makes a big difference. If you're playing the non-zerkers and can round one or heal between their 2 rounds its no problem, but if you can't...
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: 12/28/03 at 20:42:10 »
Quote Quote

Exactly, 1v1 is nothing, especially for fighters and zerkers, you hold down hitting macros, rangers can hypno and stuff, spell casters cast spells, but 1v1 is nothing for a fighter or a zerker.  It shows nothing about anything other than luck.  You do 3v3 or higher and it makes a little sense, but 1v1 is just ridiculus, much less with the complete lack of tactic/skill used most of the duels by the other classes and the zerkers in some cases.

Besides no one complained about zerkers without spells cause everyone knows they're not too overpowered since they are so unpredictable.  You have them with spells and they're too strong.  Make them hit a small ammount more often without spells, take off a little damage from their attacks with spells or take off 1 stamina and they're not overpowered anymore.

Point here- they have a ranger attack that misses more but hits harder than rangers can hit for- + extra stam makes them over powered to rangers cause their lack of hits is made up for by the extra damage.

Exact same for thieves.

Overpowered to fighters because they have 1 clicks, more hp cancels out armor, and they do far more damage with equal weapons.

Overpowered to mages because smite ignores armor, mages have too little hp to be hit for full damage by these bastids.

Druids are pretty strong as they are, i wouldnt say anything is too overpowered to them due to their armor, camo, attacks, draining weapon, and spell attacks.

Pallys and clerics also seem fine to me as they are. However, i have never used pallys much so other people would be more able to say about them.

Pacifists are neat.  I don't like all of the implications of greater pact though.
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: 12/29/03 at 00:08:00 »
Quote Quote

Some of those duels proved nothing, mainly because you were using the wrong abilities. When someone has high armor (AoP, druids buffs) you use smite, not berserk, as smite ignores armor.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: 12/30/03 at 11:15:20 »
Quote Quote

on 12/29/03 at 00:08:00, Mephistroth wrote:
Some of those duels proved nothing, mainly because you were using the wrong abilities. When someone has high armor (AoP, druids buffs) you use smite, not berserk, as smite ignores armor.

Exactly what I was talking about...well, part of it.
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Vengence

Email

« Reply #45 on: 02/09/04 at 16:51:59 »
Quote Quote

hmm after I got my arch ranger I dueled a lvl 30 zerker and he 1 clicked me with smite (he was raged, not spelled), and my arch ranger had 297 hp...I still say that they are over powered...
IP Logged
Wanderer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: 02/10/04 at 03:27:39 »
Quote Quote

arch thief can click 297 easy and will do it way more often then a zerk, who will miss 5 or 6 smites in a row before actually landing one.. during such time would be dropped 2-3 times without ever taking a single hp off the opponent.. yet zerks are over powered  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Geunhwyvar
USA 

Failure is not an option.

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 02/18/04 at 21:21:31 »
Quote Quote

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I needed to say this:

A zerkers smite is not a constant damage though, even more so then assassinate. One time you could do 300, another 50. A thief is powerful because the thief can covert and kill you before you know what happened. A ranger can hypno you, and you won't touch him. A mage can click click invisi, and you won't get a shot off. All berserkers do is run in there with spells, swing their big weapon around blindly and hope to lop someones head off. They require less skill then all the other classes except fighters. If you have skill with another class you could take down a berserker.  

P.S. that alt rule, though it makes sense would ruin some of the strategy in the game, while adding more of another kind, it would take out some. I would hate to run around with just one crit, trying to level. Nobody would every get an arch mage or a class of that sort withough days and days and days of leveling. It would add a difficulty level to the game that nobody would enjoy. There should be an alt rule, but definately not just 1, maybe 3 or 4. But that's a different topic.
IP Logged

Holy, Geunhwyvar, Jeska, Torgar, Battlehammer, Llyon
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.