Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Berserker Class Discussion サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/19/24 at 23:39:05

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Berserker Class Discussion  (Read 2487 times)
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« on: 11/25/03 at 14:18:13 »
Quote Quote

To further improve the balance of classes in Nightmist, I'd like everyone who visits this forum to post, sensibly, what changes they believe should be made to berserkers. How are they overpowered? How are they underpowered?

I'd like information in great detail, and I'd also like to know how you think they weigh up against the other classes. Which other classes are more powerful? Why?

I need to know how I should change the class to improve it further. To make it easier, I'm asking everyone who has played or played againsit a berserker to post their opinions.

To structure this thread better, I would like people to use bullet points to state each piece of information clearly.

If you agree or disagree with another person, simply state that you disagree with [this statement] because ____

If you don't stick to this I will delete your posts, regardless of their contents, because I need to be able to read the information easily, and it makes it much easier when I can see clearly which suggestions are favoured by the majority.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Re: Berserker Class Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 11/25/03 at 16:19:21 »
Quote Quote

1) Berserkers are too strong against mages. This is because their hp is superior to every other class. Also with mages limited damage, they don't really affect berserkers.

Perhaps berserkers could be modified to be hurt by magic more than other classes. As I have stated in numerous other posts.

2)Berskers as a single class hit hard, but miss a fair amount of times. Against rangers/paladins/fighters/druids they hurt a berserker massively due to the zero armor factor. The beserkers only real chance is if they totally smite, or totally berserk the other class.

Berserkers should really only kill via an all out stamina attack. It states in many paragraphs about them, that they get torn apart unless they hit first where they do devastating damage. I personally think shields need to be introduced, the armor on the shield would depend how strong the berserker. i.e. a human berserker with 19 strength could obviously not weild as big a shield as an half-orc with 22 strength.

As stated somewhere else on the forums, perhaps berserkers could lose 1 stamina, but maybe hit a little harder and more often. This would also give fighters some originality back.

*Please note I have considered this class and information within from an unaided point of view*
IP Logged
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 11/25/03 at 19:38:28 »
Quote Quote

I have to go after that?

I think zerkers are way to powerful, they are the only class that can round things/someone and cant be rounded..wtf...they can round arch crits with 5 of their 6 stam, spelled up they can round any arch with 3 of their 6 stam.

I think that they need to lose 1 or 2 stamina or maybe not be able to be casted on for some reason(enhance/RF)because they are just way to powerful against anything.

Spose thats all i got for now....PeAcE
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 11/25/03 at 22:23:45 »
Quote Quote

I pretty much agree with everything thats been said.

My main problem is this:

Zerkers attacks do far too much damage.

When spelled up (and by now almost every player has a decent cleric) they can do enough damage to round any class, no matter what hp/level they are at. Take fighters for example, if you fully spell one of them up they will still find it hard to round someone, and their melee damage is lower than a berserker (even though fighters are supposed to be masters at melee combat) not to mention their attacks being dodge/armour absorbed much more often than a crazy berserker who, to be perfectly honest, doesnt really have any idea what hes doing.

I think someone mentioned somewhere that Berserk is too powerful because armour never kicks in. When attacking with other classes, the armour can sometimes block/absorb some of the blow. Doesn't happen with berserk. Lowering the damage should be enough to make them balanced, but adding in armour absorb when attacking might also help.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 11/26/03 at 00:39:58 »
Quote Quote

Agreed, Berserkers are ridiculously powerful. I think they should be kept as they are and made extremely hard to train, kind of like Mages, or be weakened. I like #2 better.
IP Logged

Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 11/26/03 at 01:29:13 »
Quote Quote

I think 5 stamina is in need.
IP Logged

-=-ァトァナGノ-=-
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 11/27/03 at 19:59:10 »
Quote Quote

/cough

Not meaning to be rude or anything, but leave zerkers as is, and make other classes stronger... Making classes weaker is NOT the answer.
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 11/27/03 at 21:55:56 »
Quote Quote

If you keep making every class stronger then you will find your battles to be shorter.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 11/28/03 at 02:00:31 »
Quote Quote

I didnt say every class though.

I just dont see anything overpowering TRAINING-wise for these crits, besides the fact they are a tad easier than most other classes.

So if everyone thinks all the other classes cant level as well or cant pk as well, make THOSE classes better.  

And really... I honestly think that the only way to balance is to unbalance... for example, a lvl 30 mage should be a force to reckon with... but they should be the hardest by far to train.

Eck, I dunno if im getting through
IP Logged

Silex

Email

« Reply #9 on: 12/01/03 at 04:30:32 »
Quote Quote

on 11/28/03 at 02:00:31, Bean wrote:
I didnt say every class though.

I just dont see anything overpowering TRAINING-wise for these crits, besides the fact they are a tad easier than most other classes.

So if everyone thinks all the other classes cant level as well or cant pk as well, make THOSE classes better.  

Eck, I dunno if im getting through

If you think zerkers are hard to lvl you are a d**n fool, and they are far too strong, it is dumb how some one can walk around (this is Ryan folks, limit) with a cleric and 4-5 arch zerkers with full spells walking into a square knowing you can kill any crit with 1 round from 1 of your zerkers...it is just dumb.

They arent difficult to train...although i have been far too lazy to train mine past 21..especially since they get 5 stam at 21 and mine walk around taking out parties at lvl 21 more easily than any set of any other class i've used.

Over-powered, take away atleast 1 stam from them, keep hp, damage dealt from attacking, and no armor, it is what makes the class cool and original.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 12/01/03 at 05:03:52 »
Quote Quote

Re-read my post, I didnt say they are hard to level... I said they arent OVER POWERED TRAINING WISE.

Sure lower their pking abilities all you want... but that takes a secondary seat to the real reason these classes are around, to level, and play the game.

Edit: Oh yeah if your gonna take away stamina, you have to up the hit percentage at least a couple percent. nothing huge, something like 2-5 percent.
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 12/01/03 at 08:19:02 »
Quote Quote

No, you wouldn't. How strong a class is at level 30 should be based on how easy it is to level. Mages are hard to level, should be d**n good at level 30. Fighters aren't, shouldn't be as good. Same with zerkers. Easy to level, high amounts of hp, can round anything. Something in there is unbalanced.
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 12/01/03 at 18:17:00 »
Quote Quote

Ok I dont even know what your talking about now...

Your arguing against things I havent said....
IP Logged

Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 12/01/03 at 22:08:59 »
Quote Quote

i agree mephistroth
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 12/02/03 at 02:13:41 »
Quote Quote

I agree too, but Im confused as to what exactly I said to make him argue that point...
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 12/02/03 at 10:16:02 »
Quote Quote

lol sorry, my posts aren't often that clear.

on 12/01/03 at 05:03:52, Bean wrote:
Edit: Oh yeah if your gonna take away stamina, you have to up the hit percentage at least a couple percent. nothing huge, something like 2-5 percent.

That bit was for the 'No, you wouldn't' then I just totally ignored it and went off to comment about how difficult classes should be to level Undecided

Edit: Messed up quote Sad
IP Logged

Bean
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 12/03/03 at 01:32:16 »
Quote Quote

OH. I see, heh.
IP Logged

Quarrel
USA 

Patriots 32 Panters 29 . Patriots WON!?!?!?!?!?!? !

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 12/23/03 at 19:26:28 »
Quote Quote

Every class has its own Strong points and bad points. Theives can one click just about anything but no one complains about them being to powerful.... Berzerkers Are not too powerful. They are balanced with all the other classes. And i would think Staff would know If any class is Too powerful or not since they Made the classes to begin with.
IP Logged

Dur瀟gd Fr ノtrnt
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 01/21/04 at 21:09:13 »
Quote Quote

thieves can 1 click anything but its doubtful that thing will die, zerkers are way overpowered, zerkers and pacis are classes i HATE.
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Detheroc
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 01/21/04 at 21:29:44 »
Quote Quote

on 12/23/03 at 19:26:28, Aladdin wrote:
Every class has its own Strong points and bad points. Theives can one click just about anything but no one complains about them being to powerful.... Berzerkers Are not too powerful. They are balanced with all the other classes. And i would think Staff would know If any class is Too powerful or not since they Made the classes to begin with.

And you don't really know what you're talking about.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.