Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New item.. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
03/29/24 at 09:44:03

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New item..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New item..  (Read 2504 times)
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

New item..
« on: 11/07/03 at 09:29:39 »
Quote Quote

Well zerkers cant use any armor so i suggest giving them some sorta shoulder spike pad..it would like harness around the upper body and be on one shoulder. It could give a lil armor and when you smite(maybe berserk too)it makes you hit for a lil harder(like DoS and ED for thieves)would be on a boss and have low drop rate...quick rough idea
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Banned

Email

Re: New item..
« Reply #1 on: 11/07/03 at 15:43:33 »
Quote Quote

They cant have armor period, even 1 armor would already block attacks....
IP Logged
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 11/07/03 at 20:12:00 »
Quote Quote

I dont know who you are but you are very negitive and dont give any follow up information/ideas...dont talk
IP Logged

Angelic

Email

« Reply #3 on: 11/07/03 at 21:44:16 »
Quote Quote

I don't see why something on their shoulders would block their attack at all, or why they shouldn't wear it, so I'm all for this idea.  What did you have in mind for base armor or whatever else?
IP Logged
Omniscient
USA 

99547779 99547779     EvilHaxor42
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 11/07/03 at 21:51:54 »
Quote Quote

The point is if you give it any base armor at all, the way the game is designed it will be capable of blocking hits.
IP Logged
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 11/07/03 at 21:53:29 »
Quote Quote

Well it would have a small ammt of armor cause it would just be on one shoulder(or both i dno)it would have bid spikes running upwards out of the shoulder pad so for example say when they berserk or/and smite it would be like they could be using their spike shoulder pad also to put a lil extra into the hit(like raming their spikes into whoever they are attacking)..didnt come up wit base damage or anything because no point yet unless it would be accepted
IP Logged

The Game

Are You Game Enough To Face The Best.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 11/21/03 at 01:11:46 »
Quote Quote

I Actually Think this might be the best thing it would atleast give them some clothes and it wouldnt have to have Base armor it could have base damage instead maybe like 8 extra base damage on it but it would planly look like it's wearing armor but it aint armor it would be a Attack mod just able increase the amount of damage you do. i Found Chris' Idea Quiet simple look at paci's they can wear armor but they can't be attacked/Killed by players it seems theres something weird about that but seeing a zerker have atleast nice extra amont of increased damage from smite/beserk. So Rock on Chris nice Suggestion.
IP Logged

Game Over
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 11/21/03 at 06:48:45 »
Quote Quote

Kiss , thx
IP Logged

Banned

Email

« Reply #8 on: 11/21/03 at 10:49:58 »
Quote Quote

on 11/07/03 at 20:12:00, Epic wrote:
I dont know who you are but you are very negitive and dont give any follow up information/ideas...dont talk

Even if they would just have 1 point of armor it could already block an entire attack....thus being the reason they cant have armor...
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: 11/21/03 at 15:00:00 »
Quote Quote

no offence here but they aren't even allowed to wear clothes or a freaking leave before there private parts so why should they get something to put on their shoulder.

if i ahd a choice to between pants or running around naked with something on my shoulder i would go for pants Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 11/21/03 at 15:50:33 »
Quote Quote

I'd go for something on your shoulder. Sounds to me like a good idea, mainly because the arguments against it are pathetic. Even crazy people who go berserk would still wear stuff.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Omniscient
USA 

99547779 99547779     EvilHaxor42
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 11/21/03 at 15:55:32 »
Quote Quote

The point is, if you've every fought anything on any class with armor, you've probably seen messages similar to these.

Person/MonsterName tried to attack you with WeaponName, but your armor absorbed the blow.

Person/MonsterName attacked you with WeaponName, but your armor absorbed some/half/most of the blow for DamageAmount.

Berserkers, the way they are designed, should NEVER see the above messages. However, you give them even 1 armor, and they will. I could understand letting them wear clothing and such that doesn't add AC, but they should not get anything with an actual armor rating.
IP Logged
Banned

Email

« Reply #12 on: 11/21/03 at 16:08:45 »
Quote Quote

on 11/21/03 at 15:55:32, Omniscient wrote:
The point is, if you've every fought anything on any class with armor, you've probably seen messages similar to these.

Person/MonsterName tried to attack you with WeaponName, but your armor absorbed the blow.

Person/MonsterName attacked you with WeaponName, but your armor absorbed some/half/most of the blow for DamageAmount.

Berserkers, the way they are designed, should NEVER see the above messages. However, you give them even 1 armor, and they will. I could understand letting them wear clothing and such that doesn't add AC, but they should not get anything with an actual armor rating.

Exactly

And Meph what you whining about that the arguments against it are pathetic, ask JLH and he will say the same you stuck up noob.
IP Logged
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 11/21/03 at 16:12:15 »
Quote Quote

on 11/21/03 at 16:08:45, Banned wrote:

And Meph what you whining about that the arguments against it are pathetic, ask JLH and he will say the same you stuck up noob.

Omg, piss off you immature freak. What is your problem with people not agreeing with you? Your an idiot. You are never right, but what does that matter? You just look for any excuse to whine. I'm not a 'noob' and i'm not stuck up. If anyone here is its you.

I don't agree with the item giving armor, but letting it increase damage slightly seems like a good idea to me. It's something new, and its realistic.
IP Logged

Banned

Email

« Reply #14 on: 11/21/03 at 16:16:48 »
Quote Quote

on 11/21/03 at 16:12:15, Mephistroth wrote:

Omg, piss off you immature freak. What is your problem with people not agreeing with you? Your an idiot. You are never right, but what does that matter? You just look for any excuse to whine. I'm not a 'noob' and i'm not stuck up. If anyone here is its you.

I should piss off? Im not the one here who is supposed to be perm banned...
IP Logged
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 11/21/03 at 18:47:13 »
Quote Quote

Does it look like im banned? Yes, JLH did ban me, but then suddenly it worked again so I guess it isn't actually a perm ban. If JLH found that I deserved banning again he already would have done so, after all, i've used the same name for the past week.
IP Logged

Banned

Email

« Reply #16 on: 11/21/03 at 19:20:58 »
Quote Quote

on 11/21/03 at 18:47:13, Mephistroth wrote:
Does it look like im banned? Yes, JLH did ban me, but then suddenly it worked again so I guess it isn't actually a perm ban. If JLH found that I deserved banning again he already would have done so, after all, i've used the same name for the past week.

JLH doesnt know all that goes around, he didnt even know what an apprentice was when i talked to him about a bug...so better shush about it now or he will...
IP Logged
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 11/21/03 at 23:29:14 »
Quote Quote

Dude its a new drop for berserkers...ok no armor sure but maybe it will give a lil more dmg to hits or a lil more dmg just on monsters/bosses(since zerkers are to powerful as it is being able to round any crits with 3 stam)..its just something to add to the zerkers since they dont have anything
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 11/22/03 at 11:44:31 »
Quote Quote

on 11/21/03 at 19:20:58, Banned wrote:
JLH doesnt know all that goes around, he didnt even know what an apprentice was when i talked to him about a bug...so better shush about it now or he will...

Oh, shut up.

Now that you mention it, i'm not sure if zerkers do need the extra damage. Maybe it would only work on monsters and not players? Or it could only increase damage when you use smite. That would improve smite (which it needs), and make sure that the extra damage doesnt make them too powerful.
IP Logged

Myst
Canada 

...Myst or Bonafide ingame...

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 11/27/03 at 01:15:18 »
Quote Quote

Im sick of hearing idiots argue..anyway directing this post back on topic, Epic this is an awesome idea...hopefully it works out
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.