Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Magic Resistance? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 01:00:45

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Magic Resistance?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Magic Resistance?  (Read 1032 times)
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

Magic Resistance?
« on: 07/17/03 at 13:52:09 »
Quote Quote

Maybe it's just me, but isn't it kind of screwed and unfair that Berserkers can resist mages' spells as good as other classes can? I'm too tired to write why, but hopefully you all understand.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Magic Resistance?
« Reply #1 on: 07/17/03 at 15:56:49 »
Quote Quote

i never noticed i thought wis was the only thing that affected spell resistance?
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Dissension

Email

« Reply #2 on: 07/18/03 at 00:04:26 »
Quote Quote

He's saying its unfair that they can do it the same...they should get hit more and harder i think he means.
IP Logged
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 07/18/03 at 03:24:17 »
Quote Quote

I agree with this . . . and I think their magical resistance should be lowered even further when raged
IP Logged
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 07/18/03 at 03:30:03 »
Quote Quote

i dont agree with this.Zerkers already suck enough when alone! you dont need to make beam and crap hurt em more too!
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #5 on: 07/18/03 at 15:38:56 »
Quote Quote

I'm with Exor on this.. why would being a berserker make you less resistant to magic? There is just no reason for it.. not to mention the fact that they get rounded by pretty much anything.
IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 07/18/03 at 16:05:12 »
Quote Quote

Anyone who's tried to fight a berserker with a mage? If no, good for you. If yes, then you're stupid. However, it's kind of unfair and unbalanced that a level 30 mage needs AT LEAST 3 rounds to kill a zerk, while the zerker would round you even with a unlucky round. Mages already suck against other classes, they don't need this.

Anyways, I find it strange that magical resistance is determined by race and not by class. Berserkers being as wise as Halfling Rangers doesn't make sense. At least not in my brain. Berserkers are supposed to be blood thirsty barbarians, not Einsteins from Oxford or Cambridge.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #7 on: 07/18/03 at 16:40:43 »
Quote Quote

it's based on Wisdom, not intelligence Smiley
IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 07/18/03 at 22:01:16 »
Quote Quote

I know? Where did I mention intelligence...?
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #9 on: 07/18/03 at 22:34:36 »
Quote Quote

Going to uni doesn't really improve your wisdom, only your intelligence. Einstein might have been extremely smart, but that doesn't make him wise aswell.
IP Logged
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 07/19/03 at 00:14:21 »
Quote Quote

Does everyone on this game feel the need to do stupid remarks like that? If so, tell me and I'll start hanging out somewhere else while I'm bored.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #11 on: 07/19/03 at 07:35:37 »
Quote Quote

Sorry Cry
IP Logged
Rheumatoid

AAaah!!! Ooohh~~hya!!! Ha!!! AAAAHH! *gets pked*

MysticWarrior414
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 07/19/03 at 07:59:08 »
Quote Quote

You know, I kind of agree with you there...  

My level 20 dwarf zerker already has 316 HP, just as much as my Master dwarf fighter does...  

I recall that excessive amounts for zerkers to have, just because their HP are highest of all classes possible, without any armor, and them hitting heavy, having the ablility to 1 round a class...  

Mages would never stand a chance. I mean come on! Its common sense! Mages HP usually go around 200 to 275 (Not sure, never got one to arch).

Its kind of unfair whenever a mage Beams or Milagros Devastates them for 60 or 70's, zerker can still stand up to them and kill them... Maybe even 1 round 3 arch mages.

So there... I hope I have been of some help.
IP Logged

Your Existence Is Meaningless... Don't fight back... Let me kill you... Stay there and don't fight back...

My master will deal with you now... heh heh...
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #13 on: 07/19/03 at 08:01:07 »
Quote Quote

1 round 3 mages? how are you supposed to do that?
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 07/20/03 at 07:57:53 »
Quote Quote

You're not.

anyway, ummm...class doesn't determine magic resistance because wisdom does, race determines it mainly because each race has a maximum ammount of wisdom, what difference does it make if you're some wise/smart or w/e you want to call it ranger if there is an old wise zerker of the same wisdom and stuff would you say the ranger is wiser simply because of what he chose to do with his life?  I don't think so personally.  I don't really see why everyone thinks mages should be able to round everything and survive everything....they have AoP for a reason, use it, like it, live with it on get rounded with it off.  Most mages are gnomes, or so it seems, most of them seem to be dexied up and stuff when high lvl because only people with the gold to buy the equip can afford the mana to train a mage to arch really...so a zerker would miss some, and hit low with the ones that hit, you could use a round of beams, maybe resist 1 or so get an unlucky fizzle in there and they're still at half hp.  So ya..3 rounds sounds about right, but then doesnt it take most classes more than 1 round to kill a zerker? i mean..i got a 316 on one with my thief, my thief doesnt get to do more than that to it with 1 round, then it'd take a thief 3 rounds also..cause you dont get an assass for nearly 200 damage off 3 stam.  Rangers couldnt round them either w/o spells and getting real lucky, fighters i really doubt also, and i doubt they'd get off all stam w/o a dodge in there.  I still dont see why everyone thinks mages should be almighty god like crits that can take out everything in 1 round, should get to have even more armor spell ability so people hit them for less than 30s max, and why is this? because they're hard to train? so, they have to be hard to train because they're already extremely powerful people just dont use them with alts like they use everything else with and they expect to be able to do just as good with a solo mage, i dont see how it makes sense.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Drac

Who ate me lucky charms!? >.<!

Dracoden86
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 07/27/03 at 17:16:44 »
Quote Quote

mages own everything in a duel except rival mages, druids, zerkers, and maybe clerics lol. but i think.. zerkers SHOULD.. have a slightly lower resistance to magic. A mage still wouldnt be able to round them as you say.. but it should be like 5-10% lower.
IP Logged

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday then how come nothing is free yet? Tongue
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 07/28/03 at 00:04:28 »
Quote Quote

on 07/27/03 at 17:16:44, Drac wrote:
mages own everything in a duel except rival mages, druids, zerkers, and maybe clerics lol.

So they own nearly nothing...
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Drac

Who ate me lucky charms!? >.<!

Dracoden86
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 07/28/03 at 13:48:13 »
Quote Quote

considering the majority of nightmist consists of fighters, rangers, thieves? then additionally the few paladins.. id say they own more than they dont Tongue
IP Logged

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday then how come nothing is free yet? Tongue
Nightmist Legend

Email

« Reply #18 on: 08/09/03 at 23:55:36 »
Quote Quote

Mage's can't beat clerics, or Paladins. If the stam trick was still in they could, but nah, can't now.
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 08/11/03 at 10:53:49 »
Quote Quote

none of the magic stuff can handle druids...mana leech owns all of them...but ya..mages really can easily beat any class other than druids, pallys, or clerics i would think...thieves, rangers, and fighters i would think they could beat and zerkers to a mage are basically just a fighter with more hp that misses more...lots more on both...i dont see how they couldnt beat a zerker if they had AoP on..should only take around 2 rounds to kill w/ beam.../shrug...im probably just an idiot..
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.