Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Scheduled downtime »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 11:13:23

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Announcements and Info
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Scheduled downtime
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Scheduled downtime  (Read 895 times)
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

Scheduled downtime
« on: 03/18/03 at 00:41:54 »

Assuming the parts i have ordered arrive tomorrow (18/3), the server will be down for a few hours at some point between 10am and 7pm GMT (5am-2pm EST, 2am-11am PST). The game/forum/website will be unavailable at this time.

(technical info)

Recasing the server into a Lian-Li PC71 black aluminium case (so shiny, looked cool, so thought i'd have one. pic will be put on the site after it's all done in the mugshots section).
Had a 45gb ibm hard drive start dying on me, so replacing with a 180gb ibm gxp180 hard drive, and will ghost the current 80gb main drive onto it. hopefully i won't have to reinstall windows on it, but you never know with win2k and ghost...
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Scheduled downtime
« Reply #1 on: 03/18/03 at 22:10:00 »

got the server built into a nice new case, all the pics are on the mugshots page.
couldn't get the new 180gb drive working at full capacity, so that hasn't been done (trying to get that to work properly was what took the time), back on the 80gb main drive, this has nothing wrong with it btw, just wanted to move everything to a larger, faster drive.

Update (20/3), ran the nightmist server program and website (not forum) from the laptop (i should have done this the previous time too, but oh well). Installed a raid card into the server which supported 48 bit LBA mode which gets around the 128gb hard disk limit that most motherboards have. The drive worked at full capacity on this card, and windows was installed on to it. The 80gb drive is now just a backup drive.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Pages: 1  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.