Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - Cleric Class Discussion サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/20/24 at 09:57:19

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Cleric Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Cleric Class Discussion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cleric Class Discussion  (Read 3116 times)
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

Cleric Class Discussion
« on: 11/25/03 at 14:18:56 »
Quote Quote

To further improve the balance of classes in Nightmist, I'd like everyone who visits this forum to post, sensibly, what changes they believe should be made to clerics. How are they overpowered? How are they underpowered?

I'd like information in great detail, and I'd also like to know how you think they weigh up against the other classes. Which other classes are more powerful? Why?

I need to know how I should change the class to improve it further. To make it easier, I'm asking everyone who has played or played againsit a cleric to post their opinions.

To structure this thread better, I would like people to use bullet points to state each piece of information clearly.

If you agree or disagree with another person, simply state that you disagree with [this statement] because ____

If you don't stick to this I will delete your posts, regardless of their contents, because I need to be able to read the information easily, and it makes it much easier when I can see clearly which suggestions are favoured by the majority.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Re: Cleric Class Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 11/25/03 at 17:01:37 »
Quote Quote

1) Give clerics a directed offensive spell, wrath of gods is fine, as a square hurting spell. Although not directed at an individual player.

2) Clerics armor should be very low, I think they should only be able to wear robes. However, their spells should boost it up to about 100.

3) Some of the party casting spells dont last for a long enough time.

4) Party spell mana costs need to be set as a certain level. i.e. Righteous fury cost 50mp per player in the party. If there is 20 people in the party the cleric doesn't have enough mana to cast. I think if the situation arises, then the whole mana pool should be removed, and the spell casted anyway. Or it defeats the object of a party spell.

5) They should have an ability to imbue their own items with special powers for a limited time, say 300mp to increase armor class, or wepon damage, and it only lasts about 5 minutes.

*Please note I have considered this class and information within from an unaided point of view*
IP Logged
Epic
USA 

Whammo

Ask
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 11/25/03 at 19:45:03 »
Quote Quote

I'd say the job with clerics has been done pretty well...

I think their armor has to be as high as it is now because with the way people roll around anymore and how much of a target clerics are its hard to keep them alive for very long as it is.

Like Eternyte said i think clerics should have an individual attack spell(think he said this)on one certain person, somethin like "Flaming showers" or somethin that can be casted on one person..take some mana for alil while and rain down fire onto that person for a lil while..just somethin like that would be nice for a cleric.

Bout it for now...PeAcE
IP Logged

Gangsta Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (walk)
Gang Gang Gang Gang Gang Gangsta (do the gangsta walk)
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 11/25/03 at 22:27:46 »
Quote Quote

on 11/25/03 at 17:01:37, Eternyte wrote:
2) Clerics armor should be very low, I think they should only be able to wear robes. However, their spells should boost it up to about 100.

I don't agree with this. Clerics are always the first target for people and its easy enough for them to get rounded. If you lower there armor to just robes then they will die too easily (even with the armor spell, because they can't always cast that before they die)  

Clerics are supposed to be decent at combat. They should be able to wear plate armor, and actually be able to do some real damage with their war hammer/mace/whatever the hell they use. I'd like to see them become more effective at combat. Maybe make them less of a support class and actually give them a chance at being able to kill some people on there own. I expect that people won't agree with this, but it fits the cleric description better imo.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 11/25/03 at 23:03:11 »
Quote Quote

on 11/25/03 at 17:01:37, Eternyte wrote:
1) Give clerics a directed offensive spell, wrath of gods is fine, as a square hurting spell. Although not directed at an individual player.

I agree.  Possibly the ole' Flame Strike?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Rafie_Khan

There was that one time....

x0Skitzophiliac0x   x0Sp4nky0x
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 11/25/03 at 23:18:09 »
Quote Quote

Quote:
I agree.  Possibly the ole' Flame Strike?

I don't mean to sound picky or politically correct or even an idiot but I'm absoultely positive clerics can't cast elemental spells. maybe call it  Divine Immolation? the burning powers of heven Tongue not saying its a fire element but rather the burning of sins.
IP Logged

"It doesn't matter what everyone thinks. It matters that you know the truth."
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 11/25/03 at 23:35:48 »
Quote Quote

I brought up Flame Strike because it is a former offensive spell for clerics.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 11/26/03 at 10:33:10 »
Quote Quote

on 11/25/03 at 23:18:09, Rafie_Khan wrote:
I don't mean to sound picky or politically correct or even an idiot but I'm absoultely positive clerics can't cast elemental spells. maybe call it Divine Immolation? the burning powers of heven Tongue not saying its a fire element but rather the burning of sins.

Well, clerics can cast elemental spells, like flame strke. I know most of you won't believe this evidence or whatever, but in D & D (where JLH/Pan got the spell flame strike from) they CAN cast elemental spells.
IP Logged

Rafie_Khan

There was that one time....

x0Skitzophiliac0x   x0Sp4nky0x
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 11/26/03 at 20:35:24 »
Quote Quote

well I'll be a monkeys uncle. I have just learned something new Tongue my appologies
IP Logged

"It doesn't matter what everyone thinks. It matters that you know the truth."
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 11/27/03 at 00:59:06 »
Quote Quote

on 11/26/03 at 10:33:10, Mephistroth wrote:

Well, clerics can cast elemental spells, like flame strke. I know most of you won't believe this evidence or whatever, but in D & D (where JLH/Pan got the spell flame strike from) they CAN cast elemental spells.

your dnd clerics might be able to, but NM clerics cant cast flame strike.  
RL clerics cant cast flame strike, Or RF, or DR, ar WotG, or in fact anything
So you cant say 'all clerics can cast flame strike'

As for the person that sed clerics are weak, a while back i was in a fight with jurian/supreme at wyslen, he one clicked my master zerker and arch thief with his first two arch zerkers then spent the next few rounds trying to kill my (fully spelled up) master cleric with no luck, eventually my ranger and sleeping (who was with me) killed 3-4 of his crits and he pulled out... at that time i had no SGS or CRs on her
IP Logged
Zomba

^_^

Ephemeral+Sorrow
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 11/30/03 at 21:02:37 »
Quote Quote

1)Flame Strike. Bring it back. Nuff said.

2)The armor issue is fine as it is. The only thing is cleric HP needs to be tweaked up a bit as they die way to easily.
IP Logged

Characters - Zomba and Smite
Zomba

^_^

Ephemeral+Sorrow
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 11/30/03 at 21:04:34 »
Quote Quote

3) Heal at low lvls heals for incredibly low. Leveling is a true pain. Maybe tweak it up 3-5 points would be good.
IP Logged

Characters - Zomba and Smite
Silex

Email

« Reply #12 on: 12/01/03 at 04:21:06 »
Quote Quote

I would say leave clerics as they are.

-hp/armor seems alright the way it is due to how often people simply hit and run to kill a cleric they are very difficult to keep alive if you dont lead your party with them holding down heal macro..although in moshes they might be a little difficult to kill if you dont lag up and carry enough pots.

-An attack on one person using magic i am not really partial to seeing as i wouldnt use it, my other classes can attack, my cleric needs stam for healing and in a duel the mana is needed to heal...doesnt really seem like a cleric needs a spell for attacking one person...besides they can hack for around 60s with spells on a zerker -ty for that test jimmy Smiley

-their party spells shouldnt last too much longer simply because if they did people would abuse how well the spell RF works and keep it on too often, if you want to keep a party with full enhance and RF you should have to stay near towns where people will be ready for the full spells and stuff...not able to carry around enough mana on 1 crit to keep them up.

-lvling them at low lvl can be difficult but shouldnt be made too easy, it would be annoying to have people lvling clerics to 18 w/o the ammount of effort that already must be put into it, after they get 18 they cruise with aid fairly well...they're probably the easiest class excluding pacifists to lvl.
IP Logged
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 12/01/03 at 17:33:44 »
Quote Quote

on 12/01/03 at 04:21:06, Silex wrote:
-lvling them at low lvl can be difficult but shouldnt be made too easy, it would be annoying to have people lvling clerics to 18 w/o the ammount of effort that already must be put into it, after they get 18 they cruise with aid fairly well...they're probably the easiest class excluding pacifists to lvl.

My thoughts exactly.
IP Logged

-=-ァトァナGノ-=-
Diagonyte

Hardly on(ingame): mostly on weekend nights.

sykoshealer
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 12/15/03 at 15:43:03 »
Quote Quote

I think clerics are fine tho an offencive spell would be good and party spells should last longer.

~Baker~
IP Logged

There is no good or evil there is only power and those too weak to seek it.-Tom Marvolo Riddle(J.K.R.)
Diagonyte,syko_ s_healer,ludo_bagman,achilles,abra,da_wraith,inuyasha_sama
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 12/16/03 at 13:35:06 »
Quote Quote

on 12/15/03 at 15:43:03, Diagonyte wrote:
I think clerics are fine

on 12/15/03 at 15:43:03, Diagonyte wrote:
tho an offencive spell would be good and party spells should last longer.

You can't say both of those things... either they're fine, in which case you change nothing, or they're not fine.
« Last Edit: 12/16/03 at 15:31:42 by Mephistroth » IP Logged

alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 12/16/03 at 13:44:21 »
Quote Quote

on 12/16/03 at 13:35:06, Mephistroth wrote:

You can't say both of those things... either there fine, in which case you change nothing, or their not fine.

The word you're looking for is 'they're'. Hehe

And yeah, you're right also, they can't be both..

I think they're good as are.
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 12/16/03 at 15:31:24 »
Quote Quote

on 12/16/03 at 13:44:21, alone wrote:
The word you're looking for is 'they're'. Hehe

lol yeah, I wasn't sure what exactly it should have been, so I just guessed Tongue
IP Logged

Xcelon
United_Kingdom 

You think I'm wierd? Go take a look in the mirror!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/02/04 at 12:39:16 »
Quote Quote

on 11/26/03 at 20:35:24, Rafie_Khan wrote:
well I'll be a monkeys uncle. I have just learned something new Tongue my appologies

What??!!? Your a Monkeys UncleHuh  Cheesy
IP Logged

~Xcelon~Ajimoo~Slovak~Remake~Atlanta~ In Game.
Dysphoria
Romania 

Yes sir,allways ready(Dysphoria in game)

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/03/04 at 19:29:47 »
Quote Quote

i think righteous fury is should be deleted/changed
clerics are just fine
IP Logged

Just dont Piss me of Cheesy
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.