Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Evaluation of Nothing!! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
06/15/24 at 00:28:58

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Pacifist Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Evaluation of Nothing!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Evaluation of Nothing!!  (Read 590 times)
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

Evaluation of Nothing!!
« on: 06/14/03 at 11:33:55 »
Quote Quote

Ok this is really starting to tick me off. Everyone is posting what Pacifist should and shouldnt be able to do.
Also how useless they are, and other abilities they need, and different ways to kill a Pacifist.

Firsty, a Pacifist is unable to kill anything Good. They are unable to be part of a party. They are unable to be killed because of their unrelenting faith, and the power their diety gives them to be protected.

Why is everyone saying how much they suck, and what they need anyway. HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW!!!!...they arent even in the game yet.
Maybe when there are a few level 30's of them running about people can comment.

Just wait until the class is able to be created before throwing subjective comments on the class about the forums.

I personally am looking forward to training a Pacifist, thats something the game needs....."Role Playing". Since it is a Role Playing Game.
IP Logged
Harath

View Profile

Re: Evaluation of Nothing!!
« Reply #1 on: 06/14/03 at 12:58:40 »
Quote Quote

Most people won't RP with it, it's obvious.. And even if someone did they'd have people take the piss out of them. Personally I wouldn't mind trying, but I'd much rather just act normally then have everyone laughing at me.

Edit: I agree with you though, some people seem to think there going to be useless (Me to at first) but after thinking about it I think it would make quite a nice change, actually being able to kill the DG without being pked would be good.
IP Logged
WiccanTrails

Email

« Reply #2 on: 06/14/03 at 14:20:44 »
Quote Quote

Eternyte I agree with you.  As a matter of fact, there is a pure RP clan in the game.  From what I've heard through the grapevine however, people do hassle them for being RP'ers and not PK'ers hardcore.  I do think that is sad since this game is ~supposed~ to be an RP game, yet the RP'ers
 are hassled and put down.  Too bad people don't see that it takes no skill to roll a 6 stat perf..that just takes time.  The skill is being able to RP and create storylines in a game that is majority non-rp'ing.  At least now there's a chance for some crits to RP without getting PK'ed every time they turn around...just too bad that doesn't fit for everyone.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 06/16/03 at 04:29:31 »
Quote Quote

I love this unrelenting ramble about RP when 99% of people who play Nightmist use alts, and I'm afraid that's not very RP'ish.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 06/17/03 at 14:06:06 »
Quote Quote

on 06/14/03 at 12:58:40, Harath wrote:
Most people won't RP with it, it's obvious.. And even if someone did they'd have people take the piss out of them. Personally I wouldn't mind trying, but I'd much rather just act normally then have everyone laughing at me.

No one will laugh at you if you don`t tell them who you are. In addition to what has been stated about Pacifist I would also like to point out they will not be able to join clans. So without a clan tag no one will ever know.
 Does everyone remember when Halor became staff? Most walked around NM for days chatting about who it could possible be. It was actually fun talking with others exchanging things they had heard. Trying to get another piece of the puzzle and be the first to figure out who it was.
 Can you guess which one I am....  
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
Harath

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 06/17/03 at 16:51:35 »
Quote Quote

They might not laugh at your alts, but they would laugh at your pacifist crit, and as nobody else role plays whats the point? Just be you sat there talking to youself.. fun...
IP Logged
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 06/20/03 at 02:34:10 »
Quote Quote

I bet you no-one would laugh at you if your rp-ed, I did it once and a couple of people followed me, interested.  After a while, they asked if they could too.

I would just look on amused.  Like you might watch a six-year old tee-ball game.
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.