Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Lag »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/27/24 at 08:53:22

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Lag
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lag  (Read 1185 times)
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

Lag
« on: 01/12/04 at 02:03:37 »
Quote Quote

Any chance we might see this fixed sometime soon? I mean this is sad. you can`t even move around with 1 crit anymore. takes 5 minutes to get from Arilin to NM.

I know know what your gonna say Simon, "send money"
How about charge me. P2P already. Don't just talk about it be about it. Cause if I donated like so many others have and had to deal with this lag I would be pissed.
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

Re: Lag
« Reply #1 on: 01/12/04 at 02:13:58 »
Quote Quote

jlh said he's currently running on 1 cable line because line 2 broke down because it was old. (he previously replaced cable 1). i believe it's supposed to be in sometime around friday or so?
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 01/12/04 at 08:47:57 »
Quote Quote

is that this friday or a month from now? lol
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Raylen
England 

=)/¥\r.Ñ¡çÊ.Gû¥ (=

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/12/04 at 13:27:43 »
Quote Quote

/t momba lol except you were still able to click my poor lil adept pally in the royal forest while he was lookin after my noobie crits  Roll Eyes

By the way, any advice on how to train when you have a ping of 77 seconds...lol
IP Logged

Page/memo Commotion
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 01/12/04 at 14:41:44 »
Quote Quote

the replacement cable modem is arriving today between 4pm and 8pm
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Nocturnal
United_Kingdom 

Elmer Season!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/12/04 at 14:47:01 »
Quote Quote

So will there be downtime so it can be installed?
IP Logged

Daffy, Custard, Firestorm, Abundance and Nocturnal
Nocturnal Inc.
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 01/12/04 at 15:09:58 »
Quote Quote

none required, it just plugs into the other wan port on the router, the router sees that it is alive, and gets another ip from ntl, i update the dns server to load balance new connections to the other line and it starts to be used Smiley
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 01/12/04 at 15:57:00 »
Quote Quote

the cable modem is in, and the dns server has been updated so it is now in use
IP Logged

Pandilex
England 

Maneki Neko! (‚Ü‚Ë‚«‚Ë‚±j

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 01/12/04 at 19:06:58 »
Quote Quote

You're complaining because of a bit of lag for a day or so?!

Technical problems do happen, just sit tight and we'll get it fixed as soon as possible.
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ßëç¢ð

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 01/13/04 at 03:49:52 »
Quote Quote

/nod Simon... if you dont like lag, dont play? sounds simple enough to me. Roll Eyes btw, if you want less lag(Jurian ;p) then donate so JLH can get another cable modem Smiley 3MBits/s split over 3 lines MUST be enough to stop you naggers :S
IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
Fusion
USA 

None   ElDiAbLo142@aol.com
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 01/13/04 at 05:37:45 »
Quote Quote

on 01/13/04 at 03:49:52, Lavalamp And Seito wrote:
/nod Simon... if you dont like lag, dont play?

That could be the worst quote I've ever heard.  Roll Eyes Momba wasn't "Nagging" he was simply curious, I believe there is a difference.  Wink
IP Logged

Oasis, Imagine, Fusion ingame. And more.
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ßëç¢ð

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 01/13/04 at 06:00:29 »
Quote Quote

worst quote you ever heard? lol well i play with 400ms ping on a good day on 1 crit, so i dont really care/even notice lag.. yet you ppl with like 70 pregnant dog and moan about lag... lol "man my ping is so high, look its over 100".. heh you lucky nuts ;p

anyway sorry if it was "so bad" for you, i didnt mean any offense to anyone Smiley
IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 01/13/04 at 09:03:33 »
Quote Quote

Server lag should be very infrequent when both of the lines are in full operation. Until the game has expanded further, the 3rd line will rarely make a difference, as I understand it.
IP Logged
Pandilex
England 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 01/13/04 at 14:34:57 »
Quote Quote

on 01/13/04 at 05:37:45, ElDiAbLo wrote:

That could be the worst quote I've ever heard.  Roll Eyes Momba wasn't "Nagging" he was simply curious, I believe there is a difference.  Wink

His attitude makes it sound like people who donate get some sort of special priveledge... you're donating out of generosity not because you're getting something in return!
IP Logged

Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 01/13/04 at 14:38:37 »
Quote Quote

on 01/13/04 at 05:37:45, ElDiAbLo wrote:

If he was curious he wouldn't have used that language, it would have been phrased in a much nicer way.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Tanis

Camp Kill Yourself

NM+Tanis
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/13/04 at 18:37:23 »
Quote Quote

We're American, Attitude to British people is just merely normal talking to us Americans.
And I think what he was trying to say is that P2P would make it easier for JLH to just be able to run out and get a new modem, instead of having to find the funds. I refuse to donate because with the attitude Simons giving off, what point is there? We try and ask questions and get nothing but bitterness.

And truthfully, I'll sit and wait for your nice little witty comment Pandi, because I know it's going to come. Or maybe you'll just take all your ideas and what not from the game, that'll be a sure fire way to get me good.  

And yeah, this is attitude because why respond to attitude with a nice polite comment, when I could just merely be an ass and get the point across more clearly.

Cheers JLH for fixing the problem.
IP Logged

You know what makes me happy?
The things that make you sad.
Deathwish
South_Africa 

Die Storie Is 'n Groot Poespas. Deathwish ingame.

195137013 195137013   mandark12002   adriaanj121
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/13/04 at 18:54:30 »
Quote Quote

It's not always a question of funding... The suppliers have to have stock to supply you and they don't work over weekends or most of them don't. And so comes the delay...
IP Logged

Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.
Pandilex
England 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: 01/13/04 at 20:20:26 »
Quote Quote

on 01/13/04 at 18:37:23, Tanis wrote:
We're American, Attitude to British people is just merely normal talking to us Americans.
And I think what he was trying to say is that P2P would make it easier for JLH to just be able to run out and get a new modem, instead of having to find the funds. I refuse to donate because with the attitude Simons giving off, what point is there? We try and ask questions and get nothing but bitterness.

heh, JLH pays so much for this and you're still not happy. You don't do crap to help support the game, yet you complain about anything you can find. I just want people to be a little more grateful for what they have, and don't assume its their gods given right to have the server fixed at their whim, or for JLH to go spend more money to help lag, etc etc. Of course he does these things because he's such a nice guy - he could just pull the plug and tell you to sod off, which I think a lot of you ungrateful players deserve. I just want a simple balance, we put time and money in to let you play the game, and you be nice to us in return and don't complain because you're experiencing lag for the whole of 1 day. Or complain about our attitude, the fact we don't kneel before your every desire.

I try not to complain about ungrateful players, but its people like yourself that have no respect for what we, and moreso JLH as it costs him money, do. The game is ours, not yours, and using it is a privelidge not a right. Remember that and try to be a bit more friendly.
IP Logged

Tanis

Camp Kill Yourself

NM+Tanis
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 01/13/04 at 21:45:31 »
Quote Quote

Right again, Simon. Another hasty comment, righteo chap. Good job. Again, you miss the point. I was complaining about YOU not JLH. I know JLH does a hell of a lot for this game, and I know you do a lot of the coding. But besides that, you're stuck up. I don't care to give respect to you, because I don't like you. I'm sure you don't care, and I don't either, you're just another person on a massive internet power-trip. Truthfully, yes, I am ungreatful. I've gone many times on Nightmist complaining to JLH for my stupid mistakes. Yet, he takes the time to point out my fault, instead of calling me stupid, or ungreatful.

How can I be ungreatful for this lag thing, when I wasn't even commenting on it. I couldn't give two craps from a fly if the game lags or not. I don't play effectively, or even log on enough to care. Shut down the game? Boo hoo, son. I'm hurt, watch out now. Shutting down a game I only log on to talk to friends over, boo hoo now.

I thanked him for fixing the problem, although I didn't care left or right if it was done or not. JLH does put a lot of money into this, and if he said "sod off" to us, I wouldn't blame him either, but I also, don't give a rats ass.

And I'm not going to let your attitude slide, like you think you should. It isn't your god given right to be an arrogant 'tard to me. I'm merely stating facts, and you're merely stating opinions. You're always in a pissy mood, no matter what happens, if you're right or wrong, or if we try and help or not. I have no respect for you because you have none for me, I've tried to help, and I get your egotistical remarks about how my ideas are so inferior.

Here's my tip of the day. Don't care what you say Simon, because you're still going to come back with another witty non-topic related comment. Maybe you should, instead of rebutting, delete or lock the thread like you expect other moderators to do. Instead of word-fight back. Good way to set examples.

You can ban me from this, and from the game, and see if I care, because I don't, you're so cool because you can set limits on what I do online. The Nightmist law.. what a role model.

Bite me.
IP Logged

You know what makes me happy?
The things that make you sad.
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: 01/13/04 at 22:10:54 »
Quote Quote

tanis, where has pandilex been arrogant to you? i fail to see that in his posts. you said
Quote:
I refuse to donate because with the attitude Simons giving off, what point is there?

why?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.