Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - No,were not ''stupid'' »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/27/24 at 13:46:31

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   No,were not ''stupid''
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No,were not ''stupid''  (Read 3718 times)
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

Re: No,were not ''stupid''
« Reply #20 on: 01/08/04 at 03:37:51 »

on 01/08/04 at 02:41:28, Dominique wrote:

If JLH doesn't want to sort through emails,memos,pages etc; then maybe he needs to hand over his job.

The worst comment I've heard all week.  If you let him hand over his job the you'll have nothing left to whine about.  I'm merely keeping this topic unlocked because it amuses me.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 01/08/04 at 03:39:45 »

I'm not even going to start arguing about this, but to get my point through. Im not on here to flame her or anything. All im saying is she needs to put the blame where it belongs. That is her friend. Read her quitting post, her friend got drunk and gave out her pass. So how is that staffs fault?
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Dominique
USA 

snackandsipjesus   DomiDomimatrix
View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 01/08/04 at 03:42:27 »

on 01/08/04 at 03:36:00, Momba wrote:

I truely think it sucks you got your stuff stolen. I know how hard you worked to get what you had. But even tho you didn`t have your crits and another persons in the same account I have to ask. How many people had access to your account? If it is now like it was when you were in TR then I say there are a couple people who knew your account name and password?

Has nothing at all to do with the amount of time a person has played unless they started within the last 2 days. Because 2 days ago was when the last person posted that they had something ripped by someone they shared with. So 2 days, 2 months or 2 years. Almost daily there is a forum thread created where 1 player ripped another player. You are active on the forums. You have heard/read the stories before.

As for being elite I am far from it. I am like grandfather n00b of NM. I don't claim to be the best, have the best or aspire to be the best. I'm like the town junky waiting for my next fix (The Update).

Suzey from me to you. You seem pretty smart. You knew better, but for whatever reason ignored all the warning signs. Before this incident you were all into the game. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and play the game you enjoyed before you made a mistake. Contact me ingame and I will even give ya...what shall we call it...A NM Starter Kit to help ya get back on your feet. But don't blame others for your mistakes. And least of all the staff. IMO they are honestly trying to make this thing enjoyable for all.

And if it makes ya feel any better I too have been taken before. I saw the signs but ignored em and lost my stuff. I wrote it off as a lesson learned.

O.K. I'm done rambling Smiley

Rofl!!!!
A NM starter kit,thanks,I feel....the same.

I've never been stolen from,only my friends have,and this is what I do to try to help them because I never get the full truth of things,but I reacted more to this particular situation with lindz because of how hard she worked and shes a close friend.  Though I reacted even more because of how JLH reacted.  Stressful,emotional,upset;I'd be the same if I was addressed with this topic all the time,but it is human error that we repeat ourselves more than once in life. And end up making the same mistakes and such. Somewhat as if history is repeating itself

I'll be looking for that starter kit.
IP Logged

Anyone can post how much they want, so new/full member means absolutely nothing.

- Aidon
Vagabond
New_Zealand 

R€ñ€G@Ѐ

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 01/08/04 at 04:00:39 »

Ive been playing this game for bout 6 months now, i have a party of lvl 30's, seen just about all areas ingame...

I wanna see more areas, however, all i see is BS. Look back through the discussion forum you will find idiot after idiot complaining about theft....then when action has been taken finally...THE THIEFS ARE COMING BACK.(check the returning forum).

What about the /trade system you anti JLH/staff idiots seem to have forgotten about??

...it used to be "DONT TRADE WHILE STAFF ARNT PRESENT"
you fools did anyway, and JLH worked hard to fix that and he was sucsessful. And you rave on about nothing been done to stop theft??

Now with the /trade system there is basicly only 1 way you can be ripped off, and thats by sharing.

It has been said time and time again DO NOT SHARE ACCOUNTS OR STAFF WONT DO nuts!! yet you keep doing it lol. It seems the wheel is turning but the hampsters dead. Maybe you should share brains and try to get a decent 1 between you.

/t rikku maybe if staff didnt have to deal with this sharing BS your prob might of been sorted.

/t the thieves who are getting a free ride at some idiot kids expense, look at yourself your stealing on a game which will have very little bearing on your RL situation so stfu and grow up, and die a horrible death.

/t staff if ya no longer have to worry bout fixing shared account probs, lets see some new areas Wink

Just read what i wrote lol and most is bs, but My clan and i have NEVER been involved in any form of theft while ive been playing this game, and it sux how we cant enjoy updates and new areas because of pricks and idiots.

IP Logged

Vãg@BøÑd, THùÑЀ®J@, €XPØrT, ÑØM@Ð, CH@mP@Gñ€, JûGG€®Ñ@ÚT, Br€@K€R ingame
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 01/08/04 at 04:03:34 »

on 01/08/04 at 04:00:39, Vagabond wrote:
Ive been playing this game for bout 6 months now, i have a party of lvl 30's, seen just about all areas ingame...

Man.. I've been playing for like a year and a half.. and I don't even own an expert crit... Or even seen every area!!

You suck!! Sad

Creed will always be the biggest Nightmist bum/newb....
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 01/08/04 at 04:07:07 »

on 01/08/04 at 04:00:39, Vagabond wrote:

/t staff if ya no longer have to worry bout fixing shared account probs, lets see some new areas Wink

Since trade systems there has been Natura and SilverSail port/Beach area I believe so there has been new areas.
IP Logged
Vagabond
New_Zealand 

R€ñ€G@Ѐ

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 01/08/04 at 04:14:35 »

I meant MORE new areas  Wink

It was a harmless hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink moment not a criticism.
IP Logged

Vãg@BøÑd, THùÑЀ®J@, €XPØrT, ÑØM@Ð, CH@mP@Gñ€, JûGG€®Ñ@ÚT, Br€@K€R ingame
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: 01/08/04 at 06:36:57 »

OK lets just solve this like mature grown ups, and for once not go into an arguing post that is going to get locked, then continued as another topic.

1. Accepting files V.I.A. e-mail, IM's, posted web url's, etc.. may and can contain hidden keyloggers and such. It can be hidden as small as only 1 pixel.   Don't accept them!

2. I'm not going to repeat the sharing again.

3. If you absolutely, posatively don't share, and/or haven't given out your password, Then try to ask for some assistance from staff in a polite way. If you screwed up, Hey then just admit to it. Poop Happens.

4. As like everything else on the net such as e-mail, change your password often! If you use specific words alot, etc  some people can figure out a password just by how you talk. Some people even use the same password for everything, If you give out your forum, e-mail password etc.. well 1+1 is easy to figure out.

5. Its a game for gods sake, Ok maybe you worked hard getting everything you had/have, but lets assume this..  Assuming JLH, Pandi etc.. don't back up One day the server blows up, everything is lost (for everyone) are we all to come back and say crp like "Hey I worked hard for all that junk! I didn't do wrong, so I want it back!"  
 You play a game at home(ex: Diablo2), you uninstall it and delete all the files. One day you decide to play again, are you going to get all up in the staff's butts because you screwed yourself?  
I didn't think so.
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Origenes
Finland 

Prophecy of Prosper Clan Chairman

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: 01/08/04 at 12:43:25 »

Do not tell your real account name to anyone ingame. That is a simple.
IP Logged

If you want peace, work for justice. Live long and prosper.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 01/08/04 at 13:36:44 »

on 01/08/04 at 03:37:51, Stotic wrote:
The worst comment I've heard all week.  If you let him hand over his job the you'll have nothing left to whine about.

Time and time again I wonder why your staff... Your people skills really aren’t up to much. The comment Dominique made was perfectly reasonable. If JLH didn't want all the hassle, then why did he make it? He should have known that if he ran his own game, people with problems would pester him. If he can't be bothered to read through the emails or memos, then he should find someone who can do that for him.

Sharing is only good if you know the person you share with, and can trust him/her completely. I've known the person I share with for a few years now (I think), me and Rich even introduced him to Nightmist, and I also know that he doesn’t steal. He has had the opertunity to several times, and not just from me, yet he didn't.

Sharing isn't stupid, but I can understand why JLH doesn't want to help people who get their stuff stolen. I can't however, understand why, when this happens, people get called stupid. It has nothing to do with how smart you are... You could have an IQ of 150 and still have your stuff stolen (why you'd be playing NM though I don't know Tongue). The only time stupidity comes into it is if you get your stuff stolen by accepting files from other people.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Morph
Somalia 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 01/08/04 at 13:40:31 »

on 01/08/04 at 13:36:44, Mephistroth wrote:

Time and time again I wonder why your staff... Your people skills really aren’t up to much. The comment Dominique made was perfectly reasonable. If JLH didn't want all the hassle, then why did he make it? He should have known that if he ran his own game, people with problems would pester him. If he can't be bothered to read through the emails or memos, then he should find someone who can do that for him.

Or he shouldn't, it's his own game. So who are you to decide for him? He doesn't want all the hassle so he ignores it, problem solved.
IP Logged
Morph
Somalia 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 01/08/04 at 13:45:07 »

Anyways this whole thread is gay. If you really wanted staff to work out every theft issue there wouldn't even been a game. It's not fair for them to have to give up all their time cuz you ****ed up. Don't give out your pass, don't share, dont be a complete moron and you won't get stolen from. It's as simple as that, if you can't follow those simple rules you deserve to get stolen from...
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: 01/08/04 at 16:34:24 »

It's all the hype that almost made me join with StaticX (for those who remember him). We used to joke about how stupid people were back then, I wonder what he'd think now...

You people really don't see how pathetic you sound, over a silly little game. Sure, if you PAID for anything what so ever towards Nightmist, then maybe, just maybe, I could understand when things get stolen (even through your own stupidity).. But when a free service is up, and you complain cus you're too pig ignorant to watch your own back, then I wonder why the hell staff put up with it, more so in the case of JLH.. Why would anyone PAY to get complaints thrown at them day in day out.

Just what I think. Sorry if I was at all harsh Embarassed
IP Logged

Kazuya
Australia 

Käžúÿä

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 01/08/04 at 17:44:17 »

Ok i've got an idea...

Why dont you all (not really you all just some) stop pregnant doging and complaining about how staff do their jobs.

The ONLY way you can get robbed is by:
Accepting a key logger, <-- Your OWN fault.

Telling someone your password, <-- You OWN fault.

Not using the /trade system. <-- Your OWN fault.

Lending things out to people. <-- Your OWN fault.

Dropping things infront of people(abra). <-- Your OWN stupid fault.

Now please if anyone can tell me a way that you can get robbed that isn't your fault then speak up, otherwise STFU and deal with your OWN mistakes of stupidity.

~Have a nice day(One without pregnant doging and complaining please).
IP Logged
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 01/08/04 at 18:13:58 »

People sharing that are not willing to lose everything - Stupid.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Celerity
United_Kingdom 

Full offence intended.

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 01/08/04 at 18:43:49 »

Noone 'owns' their nightmist accounts except JLH, he owns them all. You're allowed to use them if you know the password. The ONLY thing that seperates you being able to use the account and someone else is that you know the password. If you tell someone else the password, they are also allowed to use the account, and therefore do whatever they want with it.  

If you tell someone your password, and they take the account, its NOT stealing, it was never yours to begin with.

That's not to say noone should share, by all means share your account with 100 people, but you have no right whatsoever to complain if it gets stolen because you told someone the password.
IP Logged

ChaosHound
USA 

'We traffic in Mockery'

Arwyl
View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: 01/08/04 at 19:20:43 »

"I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday."

--Abraham Lincoln

Will they never learn?!
IP Logged

"A foolish consistany is the hobgoblin of little minds."
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: 01/08/04 at 19:26:57 »

i must say i didn't read all post but i do agree that ppl that share are not stupid..............

they are complete retards with the iq of a freezer.

just my 2 cents.

ooh and imo sharing = saying "i suck at nm can't play on my own i need a buddy to help me"
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 01/08/04 at 20:22:53 »

on 01/08/04 at 19:26:57, Jurian wrote:
i must say i didn't read all post but i do agree that ppl that share are not stupid..............

they are complete retards with the iq of a freezer.

just my 2 cents.

And I classify you as a complete retard with the ic of a broken freezer. Just my 2 cents.

You aren't stupid for sharing. You aren't stupid for trusting your friends. You aren't even stupid if whoever you're sharing with steals all you've earned. Now we've sorted that issue out and anyone here who calls people who share accounts "retards", are from now on the biggest ****ing retarded nerds I know about. Anyone included.

Although, if you share with a friend, your friend jacks the account, and you - even though knowing that sharing is not supported by stuff - e-mail JLH about it asking him to give it all back... Then, and only then, are you a retard.

I think most of you on here remember me sharing with Will for about 2 years. As far as I remember, we never quarreled about anything during this time. And one day, without a word, he had changed the password, leaving me with nothing left. I doubt anyone here (maybe except for jurian the annoying retard, who more than once has pretty much stated that friendship is worth nothing) saw me as the big idiot for sharing my password with someone and Will as the smart guy for getting to keep alot of crits and items for himself (not even Will himself did, and gave it all back a few days later explaining how he'd acted like an idiot).

I hope you get my point. I'm extremely tired of people calling others "retards" for sharing. If you've played this game for more than say 6 months, yet there's noone in game that you'd consider giving your out your password to, then I'd say that you yourself is the retard. Not for caring so much about your nm account, but - believe it or not - there are alot of great people who play this game, and if you can't make friends with any of them then it's probably your own fault (for being rude and - once again - retarded (great word to use, isn't it?)) and not theirs.

And that's 2 more cents from me.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Paranormal
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 01/08/04 at 20:27:38 »

Wow!  Shocked I would say this is all truely amazing to me but in reality it's not.... after being around for about 1 1/2 years and seeing half of these people in action ingame..... lol nothing amazes me anymore  Undecided
IP Logged

"Life is not measured by the breath you take but by the things that take your breath away."
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.