Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Thefts »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
06/20/24 at 20:00:07

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Thefts
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thefts  (Read 3296 times)
Magma

Magma

View Profile

Re: Thefts
« Reply #20 on: 09/10/03 at 10:05:24 »
Quote Quote

The thing is just I didn't steal it hacking or ripping him off. He send me acc name and pass. So why did I even get banned?
IP Logged
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 09/10/03 at 10:11:31 »
Quote Quote

Dude, did I buy a stolen hally? *sighs*

This is a game people. Why do you feel the urge to lie/cheat/steal to get ahead? Games are supposed to be FUN, not be all about stealing and stuff. It sucks really bad that the trust lvl in this game has dropped DRAMATICALLY since I started playing NM.  

Personally I don't want thieves in the game. I think if they steal once, they will steal again, and again... why not just get rid of them for good?
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Magma

Magma

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 09/10/03 at 11:19:26 »
Quote Quote

I never wanted to steal... but look at ed and bill: Both got a cobalt by thefts. Only things they did were ripping ppl off and what did staff do? - Nothing. So why should I get banned when they don't? Or is anyone going to tell me ed and bill are honerable persons and they wouldn't steal anything? Lol I doubt that. Ed stole stuff off me which was way more expensive. Nothing happened to him, and now I get an acc name + pass and I get banned for 2 weeks??? WTF is that? I mean what is staff doing? First they don't deal with thefts, when I need help and now they bann me and chosed to help random ppl. Explain me what's the point of doing that? Seems like noone is able to make any rules in nm, and everyone is doing whatever he/she wants to do. Isn't it sad when the whole game is about thefts, lieing, clan wars and selling game stuff for real money. Explain me what the rules are and I'll accpet them. But those rules by staff should be the same for everyone and not a random decission by single staff members. This is really dumb. No rules and noone knows what will happen. Imagine such a chaos in real. 2ppl steal anything... one of them gets killed and the other one can go away? lol it is like the same on nm.
And btw... the hallys were mine...
IP Logged
Exor
USA 

I believe in a thing called loooooove!

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 09/10/03 at 14:16:53 »
Quote Quote

I think its kinda gay myself too.Ed and Bill stole their way to a Cobalt, and don't even get banned! Tevlok steals out of an account that he SHARED with, and is banned for two weeks.

I do however think stealing sucks and they both should be perm banned. lol
IP Logged

Mark was here... again.. October 2 2017 <3
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: 09/10/03 at 14:43:33 »
Quote Quote

on 09/10/03 at 14:16:53, Exor wrote:
I think its kinda gay myself too.Ed and Bill stole their way to a Cobalt, and don't even get banned! Tevlok steals out of an account that he SHARED with, and is banned for two weeks.

I do however think stealing sucks and they both should be perm banned. lol

i totally agree.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Magma

Magma

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 09/10/03 at 15:40:51 »
Quote Quote

Yop... I also agree, but since Ed and Bill didn't get perm banned it wouldn't be fair to bann me now. But the rule 'Thefts = perm bann' looks ok to me. And well... they hacked accs and didn't just take some stuff out of a shared acc while everyone says DO NOT SHARE. That guy was dumb by himself, others hacked by Ed and Bill didn't do anything. So well perm bann is cool... just that staff makes a new rule there and start doig it with next thief Cheesy
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: 09/10/03 at 16:00:07 »
Quote Quote

Sorry, i haven't read every post.. But i'll point out something Pandilex himself wrote:

"The new penalty for attempting to steal from a player via a trade is PERMENANT BAN. That means you'll never, ever be able to play nightmist again.  

Please note that while this is the punishment for caught thieves, staff will not necessarily (in fact probably won't at all) investigate cases where people have not bothered to have staff present when conducting a trade."

And that happens to be in the sticky post right above this one (Assuming this is still the top post at time of reading..)
IP Logged

Exor
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: 09/10/03 at 16:43:48 »
Quote Quote

Well staff shouldn't be biased about this.They ban Tevlok for stealing, but ed and bill get off free when they did worse.I find this slightly lame.
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #28 on: 09/10/03 at 16:54:54 »
Quote Quote

Well.. the rules weren't in place when they stole (i think anyway) but they were in place when Tevlok stole... so from what I know tev should be perm banned. If Ed/Bill did steal when the rules were in place though, then they should also be perm banned.

Edit: I also read somewhere on the forum that Eds cobalt got taken by JLH.. not sure how true that is.
IP Logged
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: 09/10/03 at 17:24:10 »
Quote Quote

Sharing an account is one thing, you take that risk. If your dumb enough to give someone your acct and pass then they steal stuff from you, then you got what you paid for.  
On the other hand if you didn't share anaccount and were "cracked"(proper term), or you were ripped during a trade then I could see where rules kick in.

Common sence should tell you, that no matter if there is a trading system implimented or not, thiefths will still be a problem in form of trojans, etc...  life goes on
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #30 on: 09/10/03 at 17:29:09 »
Quote Quote

And the people that do steal, even if its from someone they share with, should get punished. It's quite simple to understand.
IP Logged
LionHeart

-=Craig=-

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 09/10/03 at 17:37:20 »
Quote Quote

once a thief always a thief but its staffers call and its their choice what happens and we shud respect that.
IP Logged

-=Craig=-
LionHeart,Atrocity,Enzo,Defiant,Inquitus ingame!
Exor
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #32 on: 09/10/03 at 18:51:18 »
Quote Quote

http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=TradeWanted ;action=display;num=1062402020;start=0#17

wow another thing stolen by ed/bill! Yeah he really changed didn't he?
IP Logged

JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #33 on: 09/10/03 at 19:49:35 »
Quote Quote

tevlok was not banned for stealing, it was just a coincidence and great timing on my part.
some time ago, he said he would hack the server, i said ok, and if he couldn't do it, i'd ban him, he agreed. last night, i decided his time was up.  Grin
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Demonic
Germany 

Førgøttëñ Añc|ëñt

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 09/10/03 at 19:53:56 »
Quote Quote

lol, any other bets currently running? Tongue
IP Logged

Tevlok ingame
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 09/10/03 at 20:35:16 »
Quote Quote

on 09/10/03 at 19:49:35, JLH wrote:
tevlok was not banned for stealing, it was just a coincidence and great timing on my part.
some time ago, he said he would hack the server, i said ok, and if he couldn't do it, i'd ban him, he agreed. last night, i decided his time was up.  Grin

I love this guy.

* Momba hugs JLH.

Anyway I say now that it is on the open that the 3 are stealing. And it has been stated on this thread and many others I suggest just permenently banning them. This is just madness. Nightmist players don`t want thieves around and staff don`t need the headaches.
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
Demonic
Germany 

Førgøttëñ Añc|ëñt

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 09/10/03 at 20:39:46 »
Quote Quote

* Demonic is clapping for Jim

i have to agree, enforce the punishments and prevent further thefts
IP Logged

Tevlok ingame
PurpleHaze03

NMPurpleHaze
View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 09/10/03 at 21:24:44 »
Quote Quote

umm simon stole, and how did i get brought into this..?
and ya might wanna check with JLH cuz we only own 1 cobalt.. and we dont even own that ne more. so maybe simon should stop stealing and selling peoples stuff and take responsibility for stealing..?
IP Logged

Old PurpleHaze, Salvation, Granthium, Nore, Noreaga and Capone in game.
Magma

Magma

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 09/10/03 at 21:51:08 »
Quote Quote

all know you are a thief... I owned also stuff which was taken out of my acc by JLH...
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 09/10/03 at 22:01:01 »
Quote Quote

I dont know if its the great use of grammar, or then unintelligent finger pointing, but something about this thread sure does remind me of elemtary school.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.