Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Time to listen. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
06/16/24 at 03:14:54

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Time to listen.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Time to listen.  (Read 1053 times)
Lyandor

Email

Re: Time to listen.
« Reply #20 on: 03/31/03 at 16:48:11 »
Quote Quote

Heh, does it matter if matt made typos? its just an accident, as long as their fixed it doesn't matter. Maybe he didn't help allied with the area, because he was busy?  

I agree with Stigmata though, this needs to stop because I don't want Pan, or any staff, to leave. That goes for the staff I don't really like much, because I know I only dislike them because of their alts, or for biased reasons.
IP Logged
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: 03/31/03 at 17:24:15 »
Quote Quote

I may have made typos, but we all do.. It’s human nature to make mistakes. I could go through some of the newer areas, older and find mistakes.

Ste, I agree with everything you said, people don’t realize how difficult it is to be staff. The accusations of favoritism, cheating, and all this without pay.

Yes, there may be childish bickering back and forth on the forums between players and staff. Usually without just cause..

I don’t see making a spelling mistake, or any of the other reasons listed in Pan’s e-mail to me grounds for dismissal.. Recently I heard that Pan was thinking of hiring you again Ste because of your application, yet just a few months ago I remember Pan, Hav and others bashing your areas. Pandilex even said that he had ‘pages full of typos’ for your areas.. Sudden change of heart eh?
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 03/31/03 at 21:29:37 »
Quote Quote

You will always have people spoting typos. Even if some of them arent typos at all.
For instance people in the UK (including Ste) would spells things like...
Colour
Centre
If its in a basic description thats means a large area would have numerous typo's. I saw JLH post somewhere that he uses American spelling because UK people dont whine or comment as much.
Maybe all areas could be used as American spellings to avoid confusion?
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 03/31/03 at 22:42:11 »
Quote Quote

Back to topic, Now I don't look at the forum (lately) (at least not as much as I used to) because most topics I find are about staff getting fired, staff being flamed, players whinning about staff, etc. It is true that staff work hard... Nobody can say they don't, because everybody knows they do. This game is not p2p (nor would we want it to become p2p) but if that's what is needed to stop people from fighting, flaming or harrasing another human being (yes, we are all human beings behind those little pics)...
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.