Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Bug with Items/gold/Crits »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
06/01/24 at 23:06:48

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   Bug with Items/gold/Crits
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bug with Items/gold/Crits  (Read 650 times)
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

Bug with Items/gold/Crits
« on: 03/22/03 at 00:10:14 »
Quote Quote

Just the other week i was missing Aolp im thinking i was Hacked did tons of Virus check's with diffrent programs nothing found. Then few days later Homicide's missing in a diffrent acc, Jen aka Zephie got it back saying it was a bug. Ever since then i changed my pasword every day and checking for viruses, now i log on today and ex.200k is missing now if i was hacked why just take that when i have a cobalt or crs etc.. to take, is this a bug? and will i get my things back that i have worked very hard for....
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Arkanah

View Profile

Re: Bug with Items/gold/Crits
« Reply #1 on: 03/22/03 at 00:27:50 »
Quote Quote

Well I can say I have seen some bugs lately and I have got no help nor  no one got back to my memos to staff… Just the other day my main crit and my alt went to south bank and I withdrew 300,000 “300k” on despised. And gave the money to my alt Sadist. /give Sadist gold” it showed that the money was passed to alt but when I went to dep. No gold was on either crit… I then was thinking I was lagging or the nm server was. I logged of then on but no money. I then /bug it. And also left a memo for JLH and never got nothing back. Not even a page or memo. I see this a lot like when I was traing my thief with 400k and the monster killed me and the money was not on it. And again no help…  

It seems to me the only time staff get’s involved is when the bug helps you. Not works against you. It is kind of one sided.. For ex. If you kill a monster and get more then what it should give. Or it drops something it is not to drop or even gives more exp the it should you will be ban for not buging it. But if you lose money or eq. Due to a bug. You get little to no help at all.
IP Logged
newb

Throw your life away for justice.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 03/22/03 at 01:17:21 »
Quote Quote

This has happened to me as well. My AoH has just disappeared. You can even ask Saphyne about it, we shared it and its gone Sad
IP Logged

heh
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 03/22/03 at 01:41:59 »
Quote Quote

i don't recall a memo, and the bug list does not have on the thing you mentioned, unless i didn't understand it and removed the entry. put as much info as you can on it, and i'll get back to you when i've looked into it.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 03/22/03 at 01:44:05 »
Quote Quote

I didn't tell you it was a bug, I told you to check for your computer for viruses because that was most likely the case.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Lokan77

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 03/22/03 at 03:20:33 »
Quote Quote

I share with newb now, and i know he had an AOH. ABout 2 weeks before we started sharing he was telling me its gone. I do not believe that Kat would have taken it, she's just too honest for that. Could it be a bug? My friend showed me an item getting duped from lag...by eq it clickin a lot and then un eq it fast...but it was just the lagg doing this. Could the server lag possibly delete an item when logging? JLH, plz look into this, as u know 1 million isnt pocket change for most people on nm. Thanx.
IP Logged
ICP

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 03/22/03 at 10:06:25 »
Quote Quote

on 03/22/03 at 01:44:05, Zephie wrote:
I didn't tell you it was a bug, I told you to check for your computer for viruses because that was most likely the case.

at first yes you did say *it must have bin a bug*  and for the 4867597 time i have 'NO' Virus in my computer #1 my house has a Server wich is very hard to hack threw and 3 other computher are hooked up to so for some one to go right for my computer knowing i play nm is very unlikely. the same day homicide was missing i checked for a virus and nothing came up soo it *Has* to be a bug ,and you see im not the only one....
IP Logged

Azrael

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 03/22/03 at 13:44:41 »
Quote Quote

Quote:
my house has a Server wich is very hard to hack

Embarassed Like I said on AIM, you can be hacked through websites now O_o so if someone starts sending links from their owns websites, or even if it's not that, I don't know for sure, but keyloggers may not come up on all virus checkers.
IP Logged
Arkanah

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 03/22/03 at 18:46:05 »
Quote Quote

Hacked by websites? And how may I ask that would work? Ok the only way I can see this happening is if the web site some how downloaded a malicious program such as a “Trojan Horse” To your PC with out you knowing it and recorded your IP addy in some kind of way and to me that is a bit far fetched… im not saying it can not happen but it would be a bit hard.. some Website are known for spyware and programs that set cookies in your pc to hijack your ISP. Or just flood you with pop up’s. But Trojans I cant see how.

I also know he ran Norton 2002 and a online virus scan called House Call and did not find any a malicious programs. I see a lot of people saying maybe he has a virus. A virus is a program that replicates itself. It is not a key logger or a backdoor program. What you may mean is that he has a Trojan “key logger” but from what I know his pass code and actt name is stored so that kidda counts out the key logger…  
IP Logged
Azrael

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 03/22/03 at 19:47:47 »
Quote Quote

Someone could have hacked him and read Nightmist.exe's properties since he did save his password, untill I suggested not to. And I really don't know how websites are malicious, I guess its the coding, just like malicious email coding.
IP Logged
ICP

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 03/22/03 at 21:29:36 »
Quote Quote

Paul sent me a online Virus checker and that found nothing how many things do i have to go threw befor people relise i have no virus....
IP Logged

Apogee

Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/22/03 at 22:57:22 »
Quote Quote

but there are things like file sharing trojans that quite easily do not get picked up with virus scans 1 being the osama bin laden torjan which copys specified files and txt files and saved them to anouther directory which then shared those files over file sharing programs like kazaa winmx morpheous and could qutie easily have copied your nightmight.ink shortcut for your auto log in then someone could download it right click it go to propertise then see your account name and password so it wouldnt be safe to use auto log as its not safe to type in your password worrying about keyloggers why not invest in a router from what i hear there not that dear to buy and can give you better security from any inbound attacks from any trojan or remote admin servers anyone could use to be attacking onto your computer
IP Logged
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 03/22/03 at 23:32:20 »
Quote Quote

zonealarm firewall will detect any programs attempting to connect to the internet or get into your pc.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Tanis

Camp Kill Yourself

NM+Tanis
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 03/22/03 at 23:44:41 »
Quote Quote

But also, in that scenario JLH/Pandilex would pick up a different IP in the logs. If they checked, that is.
IP Logged

You know what makes me happy?
The things that make you sad.
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 03/22/03 at 23:59:13 »
Quote Quote

also true, and if all this info gets on the bug list in a format i can understand, i will see what i can do.
IP Logged

ICP

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 03/23/03 at 00:58:49 »
Quote Quote

ok i will take 5 mins and bug you my info
IP Logged

ICP

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 03/24/03 at 05:46:30 »
Quote Quote

Problem fixed..... Cry  Cry  Cry
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.